inTank Media Baskets

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Hope your fromia somehow makes it. 

Hes still hanging in there so we’ll see what happens. fingerscrossed

2 hours ago, Five.five-six said:

Those sponge protectors need to be cleaned every few days. 

Exactly......Those things suck. 

16 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Caught up for 2018, looking sexy ??

Really like the the big bird montipora. Sorry to hear about the starfish :( 

Thanks Harry. :)

• Like 1

This dude is still hangin’ on.....

0AF6EC73-4F70-470A-A2D4-9F49AE846372.thumb.jpeg.86e35bf688e208415f860e2273c5763e.jpeg

also found the mystery crab out and about tonight.....I don’t know what kind it is but it’s kinda cute.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m hoping that since it didn’t die right away that it will pull through. fingerscrossed

I hope so too! I love starfish, but they have a notoriously poor survival rate in aquariums. They only starfish I've successfully kept for a prolonged period of time are brittle stars. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I hope so too! I love starfish, but they have a notoriously poor survival rate in aquariums. They only starfish I've successfully kept for a prolonged period of time are brittle stars. 

This is the first non brittle I have tried. It seemed to be doing great before the “chopping”.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

This is the first non brittle I have tried. It seemed to be doing great before the “chopping”.  

I think big tanks have enough microfauna to sustain it, but small tanks don't. I kept a chocolate chip star for 1+ year in the sump of my 30G once. But I have to manually give it a cube of mysis or brine every few days. But since it was in the sump, which was full of LR and pods, I suppose it did have some form of microfauna for it to nibble on. I daren't try a fromia or linkia in any of my nanos. They won't last - the tanks are too small to support one. They're really pretty though!

• 2 weeks later...

The Fromia finally died from its wounds. :(  So that was a bummer. 

The new Tang is fitting in and eating like a champ. 

And the new Elegance killed its first snail. Good times. :)  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
30 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The Fromia finally died from its wounds. :(  So that was a bummer. 

The new Tang is fitting in and eating like a champ. 

And the new Elegance killed its first snail. Good times. :)  

Sorry to hear about the fromia - I was hoping he would make it. Perhaps you could try a brittle star - I find them hardier. New fish looks gorgeous! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Sorry to hear about the fromia - I was hoping he would make it. Perhaps you could try a brittle star - I find them hardier. New fish looks gorgeous! 

Thank you. Thats what I was thinking......I have a lot of the tiny brittles so maybe it will do better and be less prone to getting near a powerhead. 

I love the Tang!  He gives the tank so much life. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

HOW DO YOU KEEP TANGS ALIVE?!?! 

I must be really ####ing annoying because mine commit suicide by swimming into bubble tip anemones within minutes :( 

I haven’t tried for a year or so, maybe it’s time for attempt number three.  I tried in the 45 and then this reefer. I think this time I would get a big-ish one, since the clowns bullied the first. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

HOW DO YOU KEEP TANGS ALIVE?!?! 

I must be really ####ing annoying because mine commit suicide by swimming into bubble tip anemones within minutes :( 

I’ve only had him a week, so I don’t know yet.  fingerscrossed

• 3 weeks later...

The Elegance Coral is doing really well.......Star Lord has been hanging out in it which I thought was strange but it doesn’t seem to bother either one of them, so whatever.  

Everything else is chugging right along. :happydance:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

What did you get????

I got a baby Maxima Clam for my other tank, two different Acans, a Birdsnest, a Blue Acro, Jedi Mind Trick Monti and two different Stylo’s. 

On a seperate trip I bought a Purple Monti, Orange Zoas and a Rainbow Fairy Wrasse named Gary.  

I also lost two Corals while on vacation...... the pretty Fox Coral and my Bubble Coral were covered in a sand dune when I got home and I do not think they are going to make it. :(  

• Sad 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.