Innovative Marine Aquariums

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

Got some new dudes:

The urchin isn't necessarily reef safe but he's so cool I decided to give him a shot.  Also got a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp to hang in the cave.  

I also moved the Branching GSP from my 12 Gallon long to this tank so that it can spread out more. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, gogeta said:

That's a serious kit to glue coral! I may have to upgrade my kit of nothing lol

I like to be prepared. :)  

now I just need an assistant to hand me my tools while I'm elbow deep.   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I like to be prepared. :)  

now I just need an assistant to hand me my tools while I'm elbow deep.   :lol:

only if we all have that willing assistance...every time I'm doing something in the tank, the carpet around it will be damp for hours.  Good thing I run dehumidifier in the room. 

21 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

that Fox Coral is pretty unique, I can't say I've ever seen one before.

also Nice tank. No overflow? no sump?  Is that why it's long and dirty?  Tunze has the Comline Nanofilter 3161, might be worthwhile to check that out, if surface film bothers you.

I tried going back to the beginning....BIG MISTAKE....now I know why it's on page 15 and you're just stocking. :D

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

only if we all have that willing assistance...every time I'm doing something in the tank, the carpet around it will be damp for hours.  Good thing I run dehumidifier in the room. 

that Fox Coral is pretty unique, I can't say I've ever seen one before.

also Nice tank. No overflow? no sump?  Is that why it's long and dirty?  Tunze has the Comline Nanofilter 3161, might be worthwhile to check that out, if surface film bothers you.

I tried going back to the beginning....BIG MISTAKE....now I know why it's on page 15 and you're just stocking. :D

I tried to warn you! :)  we got carried away in the beginning of the thread.  :lol:

@gena had a Fox Coral that was beautiful.  It was the first one I had ever seen and knew I had to have one some day.  

Both of my tanks run "dirty".  No filters, no skimmer.  I have a HOB skimmer for the 75 but haven't used it other than to see if it works.   So far my system works for me. :)  

• Like 2

I hope you love your urchin as much as I love mine.  You'll be laughing hysterically when all your frags are moved to different parts of the tank randomly :)

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, cju84 said:

I hope you love your urchin as much as I love mine.  You'll be laughing hysterically when all your frags are moved to different parts of the tank randomly :)

:lol:   .......... he was soooo cool that I couldn't resist. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

So far my system works for me. :)  

^^ Like this very MUCH!  This hobby may be all about the whiz-bang gadgetry, or even various complicated routines and methods someone use for the upkeep of their own tanks.   But in the end, it's really up to what works (best) for you as the hobbyist - and what you're willing to keep doing.    :flower: good for you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

^^ Like this very MUCH!  This hobby may be all about the whiz-bang gadgetry, or even various complicated routines and methods someone use for the upkeep of their own tanks.   But in the end, it's really up to what works (best) for you as the hobbyist - and what you're willing to keep doing.    :flower: good for you.

:wub:

:)  

My husband wakes me up this morning and says: “something just happened in your tank”.  

Ill give you one guess.....

0793E250-C38B-4425-8255-706E75CB0890.thumb.jpeg.e7109a4c0f1dae0d7eb948ccaf3dd754.jpeg

That White Witch has been nothing but trouble :rant: 

Everyone seems ok so far. Im running floss and carbon in a HOB filter to catch all the “bits”.  Making water for a water change now. 

• Sad 2

Everything still looking ok while the new water mixes.....

.....apparently my new Snake Polyps like chopped anemone because this is the first time I’ve seen them open in the daytime. 

179A9028-4AA1-4A2E-8567-93688909B0AF.thumb.jpeg.3818577b1efac59a3f0c15182f0ac1dd.jpeg

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

Oh damn!

Had it been working it's way up the glass near the power head? 

After I put it in this tank it had not moved at all......apparently it just “let go” and my husband heard it go through the Vortech and woke me up. 

• Wow 1
9 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Whoa. I never thought about them just letting go and then getting blown around in the flow. 

So sorry. What a mess that must be. 

8 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

:tears:

Im ok with her being dead......I just don’t want anything else to die.

So far it seems ok.  fingerscrossed

.....i just don’t like making saltwater on the fly. 

• Haha 2

Proud to say this tank made it through its first disaster! :happydance: the White Witch can suck it!

No losses at all..... if anything the Corals seemed happy for the breakfast smoothie.  :lol:

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Spotlighted the rocks this morning and found a tiny naked hermit scaling the reef. :huh:

Kids these days! Always smoking that reefer, doing the hanky-panky, and running around bare-bummed like heckin' savages. 

• Haha 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.