SaltCritters.com

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

10 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

They really do that over on that site? I have only used it a couple times and I think it was before I was active here

Yes

You have to walk a very fine line for what is / isn't appropriate for kindergarten to first grade reading material. 

It's way overboard

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

They really do that over on that site? I have only used it a couple times and I think it was before I was active here

It’s the land of Jesus with no mean people ever......A veritable utopia of reef bros and man splainers.  🌞🌸🌍

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s the land of Jesus with no mean people ever......A veritable utopia of reef bros and man splainers.  🌞🌸🌍

My new thread title 

B's Reef Bro Utopia 

• Haha 6
54 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I had 55 posts there, enough to get into the classifieds. Not that it matters now, but I wanted to see what everyone was buying so I could tailor my orders. Another bunch of I don't like is Monster Fish Keepers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I still need to get another “out front” fish. 

Any more suggestions? 

For this tank? I'd say 3 Chalk Bass, great fish, very interactive and peaceful.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

For this tank? I'd say 3 Chalk Bass, great fish, very interactive and peaceful.

I think seabass just got some of those. I want them for my 75 they are cool as hell

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I think seabass just got some of those. I want them for my 75 they are cool as hell

You have to do at least 3 of them, 5 would be better. I have 5 in my 80.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

You have to do at least 3 of them, 5 would be better. I have 5 in my 80.

Are they peaceful with others? I want them and the smaller blennys. I want the tank to have small fish.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Are they peaceful with others? I want them and the smaller blennys. I want the tank to have small fish.

They don't bother anything that I've seen and I have them with Candycane gobies and they're really small but they do have their pistol shrimp bodyguards.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Wish you were closer, I need to do another order out of The Keys and I bring up 36 of them at a time.

I wish I was close I'd be down for some bass. I love bass fishing so having a bass in my tank would be cool

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

They don't bother anything that I've seen and I have them with Candycane gobies and they're really small but they do have their pistol shrimp bodyguards.

Have you ever seen a pistol shrimp protect them in a tank? That would be so cool to see.

I'm also gonna try you and WV advise about the frozen cubes. Going to try and strain it first, have to find a strainer that has a small size so I don't loose the mysis and algae.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Have you ever seen a pistol shrimp protect them in a tank? That would be so cool to see.

I'm also gonna try you and WV advise about the frozen cubes. Going to try and strain it first, have to find a strainer that has a small size so I don't loose the mysis and algae.

Try it out and see if it makes a difference. I don’t even rinse mine.  I just plop it in. If I was feeding larger amounts I might. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Try it out and see if it makes a difference. I don’t even rinse mine.  I just plop it in. If I was feeding larger amounts I might. 

You know, all this talk with the algae and everything had me thinking. When did the algae start and what did I change, well I stopped feeding frozen all the time around the time the algae started. Coincidence?? I thought I should get a different food for the clownfish and so I grabbed flakes. I wonder if that is the problem. People talked about frozen having lots of phosphate so I got nervous and switched. 🤔🤔

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

You know, all this talk with the algae and everything had me thinking. When did the algae start and what did I change, well I stopped feeding frozen all the time around the time the algae started. Coincidence?? I thought I should get a different food for the clownfish and so I grabbed flakes. I wonder if that is the problem. People talked about frozen having lots of phosphate so I got nervous and switched. 🤔🤔

I think flakes are worse but I guess it depends on the food. 

Easy thing to try either way. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I think flakes are worse but I guess it depends on the food. 

Easy thing to try either way. 

I guess it's possible that I may over feed...it's just the clown eating it..you know how hard it is to feed a single clownfish lmao 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I guess it's possible that I may over feed...it's just the clown eating it..you know how hard it is to feed a single clownfish lmao 😂

I suspect that 90% of people over feed. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I suspect that 90% of people over feed. 

Yeah good point. At least with the frozen the nassarius snails will clean up the bits.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yea, I've seen it a few times. The fish gives it some sort of signal and they raise up and start snapping like mad. The rest of the fish haul ass away from it.

34 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Figure the stomach of a fish is a little larger than its eye.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, I've seen it a few times. The fish gives it some sort of signal and they raise up and start snapping like mad. The rest of the fish haul ass away from it.

Figure the stomach of a fish is a little larger than its eye.

Yup definitely over feed... At least I figured out the issue with help from you two 🙂🙂

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I get algae with flakes but unrinsed frozen is no problem and the juice feeds the coral  and  small  organisms. I think frozen food like LRS is healthier than dry foods imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.