ReefCleaners.org

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

What was so tedious? Looks good though.

My brain. :lol:

....every wire had to be tucked away and just right or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. 

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

My brain. :lol:

....every wire had to be tucked away and just right or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. 

I know the feeling...................I was up till 5 am this morning wiring a motorcycle................

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, DAP said:

Where did you get that stand ?

I really like it.

Thank you. :)

I found a guy from Ohio on ETSY that built it for me.  I wanted something taller than the average with a platform top and he built exactly what I asked for pretty cheap. 

On 7/30/2017 at 7:34 PM, WV Reefer said:

This is my current shame:  

IMG_2319.thumb.JPG.e30499c25d8d92b0645e7e8045e82e39.JPG

......everything is torn apart while I build my equipment storage.  :blush:  I can hear the mess calling out to me at night. lol

Don't worry, my entire apartment looks kinda like that lol. :rolleyes:  And I just brought my freshwater tank down from CT so it's presently standing with just enough water to cover the gravel and paper towels keeping the remaining plants alive.  Blargh!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Don't worry, my entire apartment looks kinda like that lol. :rolleyes:  And I just brought my freshwater tank down from CT so it's presently standing with just enough water to cover the gravel and paper towels keeping the remaining plants alive.  Blargh!

Clutter gives me anxiety!  lol

Better get that freshwater going again..

..... moving sucks.  

50 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Clutter gives me anxiety!  lol

Better get that freshwater going again..

..... moving sucks.  

I spent a good while taking out all the gravel and rinsing all of it (about 10 pounds) a couple handfuls at a time, getting 9 years worth of crud and dead plant bits out lol.  That gravel's nearly as clean as when I put it in there!  Haven't finished filling it up and the betta is still in the jug she travelled in but hopefully I'll finish it tonight.  Going to order a light for it finally (been planning to for ages) because the hood is shot and only works on one side lol.  Plants gonna need lights! 

And yea.  Moving sucks.  Really.  Told my dad I am never voluntarily moving out of state ever again lol.  Ugh.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally time for an update:  yay!!  :happydance:

Tank has been running for over two months now.  I have been so busy that it is easy to be patient and just let it "cook" until things finally slow down this fall.

Last week I ran the skimmer off and on, just to break it in and make sure it works properly.......Of course i overflowed the damn thing a few times. :rolleyes:  Everything seems to work great and I will put it away until I decide to use it or not.

Reeflink f*cking sucks.....will probably ask for my money back.  The stupid thing is always "offline".

I just placed an order with IPSF to get all my little critters for the tank......worms, stars, bugs and such.  I purchased from them when i started my 12 gallon long and they were excellent. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

While I wait for my critters to arrive next week I decided to add my extra set of Hairy Mushrooms.    :happydance:

No tangs yet?

I leave disappointed.

:lol:

• Like 1

I have had this Acan frag in my 12 long for over a year....... it never grew but never died and actually turned quite ugly.  This past weekend I put the frag in this tank and look at the difference in color:

Saturday:

IMG_2861.thumb.JPG.4bcae8e4b5c13f121c8ac55799b34763.JPG

today:

IMG_2868.thumb.JPG.c2574d58430366eef8f997cecb5360bc.JPG

Much better! :)

Some of my new dudes are coming today.  Yay!!! :happydance:

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

Everyone is doing great so far!

The two fish, pistol shrimp and the Trachyphyllia are from Blue Zoo Aquatics. I've purchased from them before and they are great. 

My IPSF order also arrived and I now am stocked up on mini stars, bristleworms, spaghetti worms, pods, snails, and hermits.  I also received two baby toadstool corals and a red mushroom coral as freebies.  I purchased from them when I started my first reef and they are great to deal with. 

• Like 6
  • Wow 2
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

The two fish, pistol shrimp and the Trachyphyllia are from Blue Zoo Aquatics. I've purchased from them before and they are great. 

My IPSF order also arrived and I now am stocked up on mini stars, bristleworms, spaghetti worms, pods, snails, and hermits.  I also received two baby toadstool corals and a red mushroom coral as freebies.  I purchased from them when I started my first reef and they are great to deal with. 

There are things happening in here now and they are good things!!!!

I was just considering ordering from IPSF this week. 

Also, I freaking love Star Lord!!!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Star Lord :lol:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

There are things happening in here now and they are good things!!!!

I was just considering ordering from IPSF this week. 

Also, I freaking love Star Lord!!!

:) Every time I have ordered from IPSF they have been great.  They are a bit pricey but everything is packaged nice and no pests.    

11 hours ago, DAP said:

Star Lord ...... LOL    thats cool

7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Star Lord :lol:

Star Lord is the Guardian of the Reef! :D  I chose my largest rock with a Blenny in mind because of all the holes and tunnels.......He has not disappointed.  

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

:) Every time I have ordered from IPSF they have been great.  They are a bit pricey but everything is packaged nice and no pests.    

Star Lord is the Guardian of the Reef! :D  I chose my largest rock with a Blenny in mind because of all the holes and tunnels.......He has not disappointed.  

Now you need a fish whose reflexes are so fast that nothing will go over its head. :lol:

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.