Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Drewbedo's 3 Gallon half moon reef tank

Drewbedo

2 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

I assumed you didn't want to damage the glass or coral in transit so that was why you were holding off.

I had to rush move a 10 gallon I had at a job I got let go from and I'll never move a setup tank like that again if I can avoid it.  Total nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

Nice start!  I like that tank.  I may get one at Petsmart for my work.  Been entertaining this.  My issues is I work 4 days so top off is a concern for me.  

The one I had at work mentioned above wasn't so bad, I had a lid though which was a life saver with top offs.  Although when I first set it up and stocked I would pop in both sat and sun to check in on it, it was pretty exhausting not really getting a day away

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Lol I have a 3.5 gallon tank that held exactly 3 gallons...

And the tank is glass?  That's nice!

Yea glass was a must for me, I'm just so worried about scratching acrylic. 

• Like 1

Just picked up the autoaqua micro ATO, tunze 6040 controllable PH, and an AC50 with inTank media basket and skimmer.  After cycling my tank in a bucket using the zoomed nano10 I just don't think it's going to be good enough, I did some testing and filled with media it realistically only put out 40gph and not the 80 that was advertised, also I'm dumping the hydor pico 180 in favor of the tunze as I want more control in the small tank other than just sliding a cover back and forth.  I'll just use the hydor in my saltwater reserve jug.

So when I said I wanted to over engineer this tank I wasn't sure how far I wanted to go but I got a decent price on a second hand apex jr controller on here so another gadget to ad to the list ha! A little overkill for a 3 gallon but at least everything I got can transfer to a larger tank if needed when and upgrade eventually happens.  As far as add ons go I think I'll grab a salinity monitor for it.  

• Like 2

So I'm so bored waiting to move and be able to setup my tank (4 more weeks ugh) so I figured I would pass the time and share some pics of my other pet who is the exact opposite of fish or reef keeping. She comes from the desert and is the easiest thing in the world to care for so nothing like dealing with our tanks ha! First pic was me trying to be nice and give her some desert plants but as you can see she literally covered the succulent in web and suffocated it to death, the second pic is her running AWAY from her dinner (crickets) and hanging out on the glass.  She's a baby and is currently in a fast which she does randomly sometimes, hasn't eaten in 2.5 months.  Her record was 8, Then one day she will just start eating like normal with no issues. This is common behavior though and nothing to worry about. She is about 6 years old and god willing should live to be about 20. 

IMG_9975.JPG

IMG_0127.PNG

• Like 1

So back to the fish tank and I had a very curious problem with my zoomed nano canister filter today. The outflow was almost not existent when I was going to clean it and I noticed some gunk stuck in the intake tube just before the filter and it turned out to be about 7 of the mini cerith snail shells empty with no snails inside (I can only assume when they died the got sucked out).  Ammonia was at zero so not sure when they died but it's been 2 weeks since I cleaned my filter so somewhere in that time. I put a makeshift cover over the intake to stop this from happening again. 

3 hours ago, moosubi said:

:wacko: spiders...

lol my thoughts exactly!

But I am sure she's a very neat pet.  I like isopods myself and have several different varieties.  Giant canyon isopods are my favorite lol.

• Like 1