Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10G setup

sandiegonative

sandiegonative

Hey everyone!

This is my first saltwater setup and I am wondering if this setup will work or if there are specific setups needed for a healthy tank? It will mostly be a FOWLR tank until I can upgrade my lighting. 

Thanks!

IMG_0229.JPG

Also if I get a background, what color looks best?

I think a black background looks best, or blue. Depends what you like - black is best IMO. I agree with the bridge, gives to fish somewhere to play around. 

sandiegonative
9 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

No back ground, just glue some GSP on it :P

Side shot of the tank? I like the bridge look.

IMG_0231.JPG

Just now, sandiegonative said:

IMG_0231.JPG

No back ground, just glue some GSP on it :P

Side shot of the tank? I like the bridge look.

IMG_0232.JPG

10 hours ago, sandiegonative said:

Hey everyone!

This is my first saltwater setup and I am wondering if this setup will work or if there are specific setups needed for a healthy tank? It will mostly be a FOWLR tank until I can upgrade my lighting. 

Thanks!

IMG_0229.JPG

Also if I get a background, what color looks best?

I personally prefer a black background. I have been seeing more and more white lately though. 

I prefer white. My 85 in my signature has white.  I think it brightens up the tank and makes it feel bigger.  If I have a custom tank, I think the background will be white.

Simulated Fish
26 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I prefer white. My 85 in my signature has white.  I think it brightens up the tank and makes it feel bigger.  If I have a custom tank, I think the background will be white.

I have never seen a white BAG and WOW that does look amazing and open, so clean :wub:

How hard was it to maintain?

Love it! I'd shift the rocks in a bit more - if anything grows on them, you'll still want access to clean the glass.

What inhabitants were you thinking for a FOWLR? 

I have never seen a white BAG and WOW that does look amazing and open, so clean :wub:

How hard was it to maintain?

Not very.  I'd scrap the back with a razor (I had a long handle for it) every once a week to two weeks.  I always like beefy CUC so they did a really good job keeping it clean. :) It was quite beautiful, wasnt it?   

I still have trouble looking at pics of it because I miss it so much :(

I only have black backgrounds now (IM tanks) and its only confirmed my preference for white.

sandiegonative
On 4/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, Mariaface said:

Love it! I'd shift the rocks in a bit more - if anything grows on them, you'll still want access to clean the glass.

What inhabitants were you thinking for a FOWLR? 

Well it's only a 10 Gallon so I'm not sure how much more I can have besides a pair of Clownfish. Probably some hermits/snails and a Pistol Shrimp/Goby if I can find them. 

Once I can afford a decent light I'll start to add simple corals. 

57 minutes ago, sandiegonative said:

Well it's only a 10 Gallon so I'm not sure how much more I can have besides a pair of Clownfish. Probably some hermits/snails and a Pistol Shrimp/Goby if I can find them. 

Once I can afford a decent light I'll start to add simple corals. 

I love a good pair of clowns :wub:

Right now I'm on a 'tiny fish' kick so I'm looking into gobies/trimma/etc to see what looks good...

I'm not one for bridges since you don't see them in nature. A couple outcroppings of rock with sad all around now that's what I call sweet! lol Looking good though. My mantra in this hobby is Buy it right, buy it once, don't be another craigslist ad. Take your time and buy things off of craigslist and the forums (both local and these big ones) but get the good stuff. Tunze, Sicce...etc, they have strong reputations for a reason and the less headaches the more you will enjoy the hobby. Also you could really get by with almost anything with enough water changes lol. One last note, the 2 most overlooked things that can tank your tank is a bad heater/thermometer and bad salinity reading. So keep your equipment in check and don't get complacent! Looking forward to your progress

You can get affordable lights and still have corals.

Par38 bulbs- coral compulsion has a 35watt dimmable

Aquamaxx nemolight

Orbits

I like black backgrounds. Filters, powerheads, wires blend. Eventually it gets covered in coralline.

My background is black but mostly covered in xenia and coralline. 

Archived