Jump to content
frahny

Top down 28

Recommended Posts

frahny
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Just don't get the PSW shipped via UPS or you might end up with the box stuck in the warehouse all weekend and be waiting all day for it to finally arrive like I am today. :angry:

That stinks! Do you think your fish will survive a multi day bag trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
7 minutes ago, frahny said:

That stinks! Do you think your fish will survive a multi day bag trip?

Sadly it did not, it appears to have been dead a couple of days already. :tears: The porcelain crab and the blastos appear to have survived though.  The anthelia I ordered looks pretty rough but still has a few stalks remaining.

Share this post


Link to post
gone_PHiSHin

sorry to hear Lula

 

im guessing you have to eat that cost huh?

 

most online fish stores won't take any responsibility for DOA if the package gets held up due to the shipping company...

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
14 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

sorry to hear Lula

 

im guessing you have to eat that cost huh?

 

most online fish stores won't take any responsibility for DOA if the package gets held up due to the shipping company...

Actually, it's supposed to be back in my Paypal account by the end of the week!  Just depends how fast it moves with tomorrow being a holiday.  I might have helped that I had them in the loop the whole time and they were also communicating with UPS trying to make things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
gone_PHiSHin

oh excellent, who is the company if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

oh excellent, who is the company if you don't mind me asking?

It's Live Aquaria, I'd ordered from their Diver's Den division.  Some people haven't had great experiences with them but I've always been impressed with their customer service. 

They're part of Doctors Foster and Smith.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gone_PHiSHin

ha i was going to say in my first post that Live Aquaria is the only one that will deal with this as far as i know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
9 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

ha i was going to say in my first post that Live Aquaria is the only one that will deal with this as far as i know

You guessed right! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

Awesome, I was actually going to order from them. I'll be waiting till after the craze of the fourth. Thanks for the info @Lula_Mae

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
53 minutes ago, frahny said:

Awesome, I was actually going to order from them. I'll be waiting till after the craze of the fourth. Thanks for the info @Lula_Mae

I will probably be re-ordering now that I'm back to the drawing board on my fish plan lol.  They finally have GBG's in stock again!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

No real update here, waiting on premium aquatics to get my clown in. Pretty certain when I pick him up I'm going to add a panamic barnacle blenny. I have cash in my pocket and need a place to spend it!

 

Was thinking about placing an order for a few frag packs from aquasd but it looks like there site is down. Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see what I can't work out. Anyone have any other sites they like to order from?

 

I need some more life in the tank, I'm also going to pick up some sexies and some sort of crab anemone maybe?!  Help me spend some cash folks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1891Bro
On 7/3/2017 at 10:17 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Just don't get the PSW shipped via UPS or you might end up with the box stuck in the warehouse all weekend and be waiting all day for it to finally arrive like I am today. :angry:

Spoiler alert

 

It was dead. 

50 minutes ago, frahny said:

No real update here, waiting on premium aquatics to get my clown in. Pretty certain when I pick him up I'm going to add a panamic barnacle blenny. I have cash in my pocket and need a place to spend it!

 

Was thinking about placing an order for a few frag packs from aquasd but it looks like there site is down. Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see what I can't work out. Anyone have any other sites they like to order from?

 

I need some more life in the tank, I'm also going to pick up some sexies and some sort of crab anemone maybe?!  Help me spend some cash folks!

I have this friend, totally trust worthy and, he's a Nigerian prince....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

Got a few shots with the macro iPhone lens. 

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
gena

Nice tank!  I love those clowns :wub:.  I've found that rockscapes only really matters in the beginning before your corals grow in.  Eventually you won't even see the rock ;).  Especially in this size of tank.  I have an IM 10 as well and you can't see much rock right now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

Just ordered up a few frag packs from aquasd and a maxi mini. Be here tomorrow! So pumped!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
Just now, frahny said:

Just ordered up a few frag packs from aquasd and a maxi mini. Be here tomorrow! So pumped!

 

Woo hoo! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
frahny
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Woo hoo! 

Sneak peak

IMG_1254.PNG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
10 minutes ago, frahny said:

Sneak peak

IMG_1254.PNG

 

Oooh me likey!

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

Got the shipment!!!omgomgomg15 hours after order was placed they were being acclimated. So cool! Got everything in and waiting an hour or so before I turn the lights back on. Photo dump after everything opens up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
gone_PHiSHin

woohoo!

 

aquasd has some incredible stuff, i'm looking forward to the pics

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

IMG_1259.JPG

Need to work on the photography skills but all in all you get the picture. Loaded up now ready for them to get bigger and fill in. Not totally pleased with the variety that I got from these frag packs but it will do for now:)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

Seriously thinking of getting rid my slimmer. Anyone have any thoughts pros/cons?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae

Well, I've never used a skimmer but have also run only picos so far...so take that for what you will lol

Share this post


Link to post
frahny

So check this garbage out, added a fire fish to the tank today and it pretty much stayed in hiding till GoT wrapped up. While I was watching the fish swim around at a distance I noticed my large zoa colony wasn't green anymore. Upon sneaking up on the tank being careful not to scare the ? Out of the firefish I notice one of my ceriths was in the glass. Not sure how long he was under the zoa colony but it was long enough that the bivalve or something in the frag had attached itself to him. Up he went. Can't make this craziness up!

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...