Cultivated Reef

Top down 28

frahny

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Just don't get the PSW shipped via UPS or you might end up with the box stuck in the warehouse all weekend and be waiting all day for it to finally arrive like I am today. :angry:

That stinks! Do you think your fish will survive a multi day bag trip?

7 minutes ago, frahny said:

That stinks! Do you think your fish will survive a multi day bag trip?

Sadly it did not, it appears to have been dead a couple of days already. :tears: The porcelain crab and the blastos appear to have survived though.  The anthelia I ordered looks pretty rough but still has a few stalks remaining.

gone_PHiSHin

sorry to hear Lula

im guessing you have to eat that cost huh?

most online fish stores won't take any responsibility for DOA if the package gets held up due to the shipping company...

14 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

sorry to hear Lula

im guessing you have to eat that cost huh?

most online fish stores won't take any responsibility for DOA if the package gets held up due to the shipping company...

Actually, it's supposed to be back in my Paypal account by the end of the week!  Just depends how fast it moves with tomorrow being a holiday.  I might have helped that I had them in the loop the whole time and they were also communicating with UPS trying to make things happen.

3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

oh excellent, who is the company if you don't mind me asking?

It's Live Aquaria, I'd ordered from their Diver's Den division.  Some people haven't had great experiences with them but I've always been impressed with their customer service. 

They're part of Doctors Foster and Smith.

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

ha i was going to say in my first post that Live Aquaria is the only one that will deal with this as far as i know

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

ha i was going to say in my first post that Live Aquaria is the only one that will deal with this as far as i know

You guessed right! :lol:

53 minutes ago, frahny said:

Awesome, I was actually going to order from them. I'll be waiting till after the craze of the fourth. Thanks for the info @Lula_Mae

I will probably be re-ordering now that I'm back to the drawing board on my fish plan lol.  They finally have GBG's in stock again!

• Like 3

No real update here, waiting on premium aquatics to get my clown in. Pretty certain when I pick him up I'm going to add a panamic barnacle blenny. I have cash in my pocket and need a place to spend it!

Was thinking about placing an order for a few frag packs from aquasd but it looks like there site is down. Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see what I can't work out. Anyone have any other sites they like to order from?

I need some more life in the tank, I'm also going to pick up some sexies and some sort of crab anemone maybe?!  Help me spend some cash folks!

• Like 1
On 7/3/2017 at 10:17 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Just don't get the PSW shipped via UPS or you might end up with the box stuck in the warehouse all weekend and be waiting all day for it to finally arrive like I am today. :angry:

Spoiler alert

It was dead. 

50 minutes ago, frahny said:

No real update here, waiting on premium aquatics to get my clown in. Pretty certain when I pick him up I'm going to add a panamic barnacle blenny. I have cash in my pocket and need a place to spend it!

Was thinking about placing an order for a few frag packs from aquasd but it looks like there site is down. Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see what I can't work out. Anyone have any other sites they like to order from?

I need some more life in the tank, I'm also going to pick up some sexies and some sort of crab anemone maybe?!  Help me spend some cash folks!

I have this friend, totally trust worthy and, he's a Nigerian prince....

• Like 3

Nice tank!  I love those clowns :wub:.  I've found that rockscapes only really matters in the beginning before your corals grow in.  Eventually you won't even see the rock ;).  Especially in this size of tank.  I have an IM 10 as well and you can't see much rock right now.

• Like 3

Got the shipment!!!omgomgomg15 hours after order was placed they were being acclimated. So cool! Got everything in and waiting an hour or so before I turn the lights back on. Photo dump after everything opens up.

• Like 2

IMG_1259.JPG

Need to work on the photography skills but all in all you get the picture. Loaded up now ready for them to get bigger and fill in. Not totally pleased with the variety that I got from these frag packs but it will do for now:)

• Like 4

So check this garbage out, added a fire fish to the tank today and it pretty much stayed in hiding till GoT wrapped up. While I was watching the fish swim around at a distance I noticed my large zoa colony wasn't green anymore. Upon sneaking up on the tank being careful not to scare the ? Out of the firefish I notice one of my ceriths was in the glass. Not sure how long he was under the zoa colony but it was long enough that the bivalve or something in the frag had attached itself to him. Up he went. Can't make this craziness up!

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

• Like 1
  • frahny changed the title to That new new 28