Angles and Demons Acropora

PC Rainbow Acropora

Ponape Birdsnest

Idaho Grape Montipora

Christmas Montipora

Orange Montipora Cap

Grafted Montipora Cap WWC

Green Frogspawn

Aussi Green and Purple Acans (micromussa lords)

Pink Goniopora

HallieBerry Zoas

Rasta Zoas

Bambam Zoas

Eagle Eye Zoas

Red Eagle Eye Zoas

Fruit Loop Zoas

Sunny D Zoas

Mint Chip Zoas

Nirvana Zoas

Pink Hippos

Unnamed Purple Zoas

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

• Like 6

How I have missed these "reef tank issues" LOL. Got everything set up, wired and running only to notice that my Tunze nano will not kick on. Set Tunze support an email but nothing back as of yet. I did a google search and found a few threads describing a similar problem back in 2010 but couldn't find the solution. 

The pump kicks on if I unplug it and plug it back in, last night I got it to cycle till the float switch disengaged but have not been able to get it to run since. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

I can't say enough about good customer service. Randy with Tunze USA emailed and called to help me solve the problem. Apparently there was a bad batch of circuit boards that got released. He's sending me a new board and walked me through how to install it. Won't hesitate again to buy from Tunze.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, frahny said:

I can't say enough about good customer service. Randy with Tunze USA emailed and called to help me solve the problem. Apparently there was a bad batch of circuit boards that got released. He's sending me a new board and walked me through how to install it. Won't hesitate again to buy from Tunze.

Glad you got help fast!

Its the love/hate that keeps us going. :P

• Like 2

Current FTS. Water is fairly cloudy but should be clearing up any day now. Probably from the live sand since I put in a large piece of cured LR. Let me know what you think of the scape, kind of a two mound look.

IMG_0306.JPG

• Like 1

As suspected the tank cleared up and is crystal. Only thing now is I have to wait for the ghost skimmer to break in to get rid of the micro bubbles. Been working on a sticking list, looking to keep a few montiporas, zoas, ricordea and as the tank matures potentially some birds nests. I'm sure it will evolve over time but that's a few of the basics. Still up in the air regarding fish and inverts. 

IMG_0315.JPG

• Like 1

Took a work trip and came home to a new tunze nano curcuit board and a little diatom bloom. Couple screws and we are in business, still amazed on how quickly Tunze got back with me and resolved the issue.

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Looking good so far.  I like your reservoir disguise.

Thank you, that was my wife's doing. She doesn't care for visible equipment. Unfortunately, my tunze nano is back to not working. Keeps timing out, pump won't come on when the float is down unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Hopefully contacting Roger at tunze USA will speed the replacement process up.

In other news the tank had a diatom bloom and is almost through the cycle but it's definitely the ugly stage. 

1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

Rinse the sand. Avoid the uglies. 

I'm actually really thinking about removing it all together. Roll bare bottom like a stripper.

• Like 3
On 5/7/2017 at 9:02 PM, frahny said:

I'm actually really thinking about removing it all together. Roll bare bottom like a stripper.

I've had 2 bare bottom tanks and one with sand - I prefer bb because its easier to keep clean, but sand looks more natural.

• Like 1
On 5/7/2017 at 6:02 PM, frahny said:

Yeah bro, sand. Leave something to the imagination. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Yeah bro, sand. Leave something to the imagination. 

5 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Great scape for what you're planning.....I say go with sand.

7 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

I've had 2 bare bottom tanks and one with sand - I prefer bb because its easier to keep clean, but sand looks more natural.

After doing the first wc I'm going to leave it and see how I like it moving forward. I like the look of the sand but I don't want it to cause anymore issues than what it's worth.  I would imagine as long as I stir it up weekly with my wc's I should be able to keep nutrients from storing there. 

As for stocking, I have a lot to narrow down. I have a 500 gallon reef expectation but a 10 gallon time allowance:) I am going to start with some zoas and acans. Then a hammer and on to a rfa possibly. I want this tank to be top notch so everything that goes in will be planned out. 

I have always liked engaging others with any type of builds. So I'll be leaning on the forum for input. 

Lastly, since I don't have any cool new addition pics to show, I have included the below meme for your enjoyment. 

IMG_0368.PNG

• Like 1

Water peramiters are stable, in goes the cuc.

added 

trochus snail

cerith snails x's 3

blue leg hermit- super small

scarlet hermit

56 minutes ago, frahny said:

Water peramiters are stable, in goes the cuc.

added 

trochus snail

cerith snails x's 3

blue leg hermit- super small

scarlet hermit

Some of us don't read the articles, but only look at the pictures.... let's see 'em..

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Some of us don't read the articles, but only look at the pictures.... let's see 'em..

I will as soon as I get back from a work trip. Gonna be gone a week or so. That and I have to figure out how to get decent shots with my phone since my camera sucks and I don't want to fork out ?? for a new one.

21 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Rex Kwon Do is for bitches. 

No way you'd say that to his face. Besides he has strength of a grizzly, reflexes of a puma and wisdom of a man. 

• 1 month later...

Been away for a while on a work trip. Was out of town for 22 days and upon my return I thought my cuc was toast. Couldn't find anything but the trochus. Ended up doing a water change I found the rest! Ceriths were all in the sand both hermits were holed up in small crevasses in the rock work.

Today I made my way to my LFS "premium aquatics" and scored a few pieces. Picked up a frogspawn and a nice colony of mean green zoas. I didn't realize it but the frag is actually on a group of muscles. 

For fish I scored a Wyoming White and extreme snowflake clowns, pajama cardinal and a small royal gramma

IMG_0911.thumb.JPG.f4083aa69bd43ae9faf083ef6c855b20.JPG

IMG_0908.thumb.JPG.f5718a6b67b6314e2a0a22f6fb1b1129.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, frahny said:

Been away for a while on a work trip. Was out of town for 22 days and upon my return I thought my cuc was toast. Couldn't find anything but the trochus. Ended up doing a water change I found the rest! Ceriths were all in the sand both hermits were holed up in small crevasses in the rock work.

Today I made my way to my LFS "premium aquatics" and scored a few pieces. Picked up a frogspawn and a nice colony of mean green zoas. I didn't realize it but the frag is actually on a group of muscles. 

For fish I scored a Wyoming White and extreme snowflake clowns, pajama cardinal and a small royal gramma

IMG_0911.thumb.JPG.f4083aa69bd43ae9faf083ef6c855b20.JPG

IMG_0908.thumb.JPG.f5718a6b67b6314e2a0a22f6fb1b1129.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

I like those zoas a lot.  Is the bivalve that Oreo looking thing?

9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I like those zoas a lot.  Is the bivalve that Oreo looking thing?

Sure is, I'll try and get a shot of the others but there is a total of three on that frag. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, frahny said:

Sure is, I'll try and get a shot of the others but there is a total of three on that frag. 

So cool. I would have bought it just for those guys! 

• frahny changed the title to That new new 28