Innovative Marine Aquariums

Office 2.7 gal Pest Pico

Draco

Christopher Marks

Looking good @Draco! Are the green star polyps starting to attach to the front glass now? Everything has grown so much since August, it has totally filled in now! I suspect it will come down the xenia battling against the green star polyps in the end :lol: 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Looking good @Draco! Are the green star polyps starting to attach to the front glass now? Everything has grown so much since August, it has totally filled in now! I suspect it will come down the xenia battling against the green star polyps in the end :lol: 

Thanks @Christopher Marks !

The GSP has attached to the side and bottom of the tank. I've been scraping it off the front!

I feel like the mushroom is battling the GSP right now. It'll be interesting to see which coral becomes victor

• Like 3
On 11/24/2017 at 11:42 PM, TheRope said:

Also what bulb are you using? I highly recommend the par 38 tuna blue led ... using it now, after seeing it on Maritza... couldnt be happier! 

I am using coral compulsion par38 bulb which is awesome!

i tried the tuna blue from amazon- a cheap $20 one- but felt it was too blue- it washed out the colors and I didn’t like how it looked. My corals seemed happy under it while I had it though!

• Like 1

My mushrooms are unhappy. They've shrunken. all of them.

I did a water change on Wednesday before the 4-day weekend.

Came back, and topped off. My mushrooms usually open up within an hour after lights on. 7 hours later, they're small and closed up.

Everything else is alive. My gobies and shrimps are alive. Salinity is good.

I don't have my test kits here at work, I'll have to remember to bring them tomorrow.. but I can't imagine anything shifting so much to make them unhappy. Maybe it's because I had to top off more than usual today?

Any ideas?

22 hours ago, Draco said:

I am using coral compulsion par38 bulb which is awesome!

i tried the tuna blue from amazon- a cheap $20 one- but felt it was too blue- it washed out the colors and I didn’t like how it looked. My corals seemed happy under it while I had it though!

I agree on both counts about the tuna blue, too blue for me but the corals loved it while it was in use.

• Like 1

thanks!

I finally got to testing (Rather, remembered to bring my kit in), and everything is perfect.

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: Somewhere between 0 and 5.0ppm- have a hard time judging the color

Phosphate: .25ppm

my red mushrooms are slowly coming back, but my greens are still unhappy. I can't figure out why.

I reduced the temp as it did go up to 82º but I don't think that caused it.

• 2 weeks later...

Came into work this morning to see one of my trimma goby had jumped the tank. I had a small area (about 1" gap) on top of the tank that he probably got through. :( He fell right behind my cup of water.. he could've fallen IN the cup and possibly survived :(

He was probably sick or something, I hardly saw him in the past week when he was always out in the open. :(

• Sad 4
  • 4 weeks later...

You too, @Christopher Marks!

The tank is doing well! The mushrooms get grumpy with water changes, I need to try to do smaller changes. 

Here's a terrible cellphone shot. I keep telling myself I should bring in my DSLR. and I forget.

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am amazed at how fast the GSP grew in 9 months.

I got it when it was about 1.5-2". Its overtaking the polyps and matting along the bottom and side. It's starting to take over the xenia, lol. 

I am going to let it grow and take over the tank. It'll look cool I think!

Here's a pic when the lights turned on to see how much grew. 

GSP.thumb.jpg.670fdc4d0349758a6c45f7473fff1cb8.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Draco said:

thank you :)

updated crappy cellphone shot. Its hard to photograph when that kenya tree gets washed out with the light!

tank.jpg.2b21b57b116f4c06fdbb6ee7e29291ba.jpg

I love how lush and full it looks!

• Thanks 1