Innovative Marine Aquariums

Office 2.7 gal Pest Pico

Draco

11 hours ago, GregEmmitte said:

I have a 3 gallon cube just like that in my garage full of spiders. If it survives incineration I've considered making a aptasia/xenia tank out of it.

You should! I am sure you can make it a beautiful pest tank!

• Like 2

Arg!! Tank is dangerously high in Ammonia again! I did a water change on friday before the weekend

My fish seems to be doing OK- I can't locate all my snails and crabs, and haven't seen my shrimp. I can't find the source of the ammonia.

Did a huge water change earlier. will have to do another tomorrow. Added carbon to the filter and a few drops of ammo-lock

Nothing is happy in the tank today. I did another huge water change and added Prime.

my fish is unhappy too. I hope I can get the ammonia down fast enough for him to survive

• Like 1

I can't keep a tank at work due to the chemicals the cleaning people use. They get it everywhere and it took me months to track down the cause.

the cleaning person here does not clean.. he only empties trash and sweep. It's up to us to keep our areas clean. I doubt it's from any cleaning chemicals.

I think a snail has died, I haven't seen it at all.

1 hour ago, Draco said:

the cleaning person here does not clean.. he only empties trash and sweep. It's up to us to keep our areas clean. I doubt it's from any cleaning chemicals.

I think a snail has died, I haven't seen it at all.

I think that's the most likely culprit of your issues.  You may want to see if you can find it and pull it out so it stops wrecking your parameters.

• 2 weeks later...

I will replace the Xenia one day. I liked it a lot too.

I decided to mod an Aquaclear 50 for a refugium. Presently the silicone is drying. I am hoping it will help control any spikes with chaetos 

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 5
On 6/28/2017 at 3:53 PM, Draco said:

I will replace the Xenia one day. I liked it a lot too.

I decided to mod an Aquaclear 50 for a refugium. Presently the silicone is drying. I am hoping it will help control any spikes with chaetos 

IMG_0142.JPG

I just added an AC70 to my tank the other week and really like it so far.  It's nice to have the heater out of the display!

• Like 1

I thought about going for the 70. compared the two for the longest time.. but I felt the 70 would be just a bit too big for my tank and take away from the display. Also didn't feel like spending that much more.

It's great to be able to hide some equipment in there!

1 hour ago, Draco said:

I thought about going for the 70. compared the two for the longest time.. but I felt the 70 would be just a bit too big for my tank and take away from the display. Also didn't feel like spending that much more.

It's great to be able to hide some equipment in there!

Yeah, my tank is bigger than yours so it had more room for it.  I think the 50 was a good call.  I actually thought of using the 50 on this tank, but already had the 70 so I used it instead of buying a 50.

Updated FTS.

Added the Aquaclear 50 with chaetos and carbon in the back. Ammonia has been at 0 for almost 3 weeks now and I hope the chaetos really help. I want to see if the Par 38 is enough to grow the chaetos (it's not quite over the filter) before getting additional lighting for it.

everything inside is happy and growing. Colors came back since I got the ammonia down. I tried to add a purple digi but it didn't last more than 3 days.. I don't think the light is enough for it, but I tried!

X658WSo.jpg?1

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
On 7/5/2017 at 8:51 AM, Draco said:

Why buy if you already have? 5.5 is a good size pico!

Exactly!  And yeah, 5.5 is one of my favorite sizes!

What PAR bulb are you using again?  Tank looks really nice!

acclimating 3 sexy shrimps to my pico. I hope my peppermint will get along with them or he'll be moved to my home tank (he's just as small as the sexys at the moment)

cWE91hz.jpg

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

I rearranged my rocks slightly to move away from the front of the glass to make thing easier to clean.

And a photo of my cute little sexy's

I noticed my paly's are turning brown. trying to figure out why so I can get their colors back.

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
On 8/4/2017 at 10:29 AM, Draco said:

I rearranged my rocks slightly to move away from the front of the glass to make thing easier to clean.

I noticed my paly's are turning brown. trying to figure out why so I can get their colors back.

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

Awesome little tank! 

• Thanks 1
On 8/4/2017 at 10:29 AM, Draco said:

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

I had some palys turn brown when my light was a bad (more freshwater) spectrum.  Might that be the issue?  Not sure what your light is.

I think it was more of watcher change that upset them. They were fine for months and I did a water change. Also possibly light wasn't right?

anyway here's a video

• Like 4