ReefCleaners.org

Aqamai KPS Powerhead

JLynn

4 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

My dumbass threw it out and didn't even think about contacting the company.

Oh that sucks. They are under warranty for a year.

GrumpyDaddy68

Hi all,

Just bought this powerhead and I cannot get app to work.

Everytime that I try to synch I get 'Activate Network'....

I have tried all the settings mentioned before I this thread with no luck.

I'm using an iPhone.

Anybody has a step by step process?

Thanks,

13 hours ago, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

man... I about to get to that point.

Nice, but is shouldn't be this complicated.

I'm with you on this one 

I

On 7/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, AJ69 said:

I got tired and frustrated with the app setup, that just ended returning it

16 hours ago, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

man... I about to get to that point.

Nice, but is shouldn't be this complicated.

I agree. The app is cumbersome to use and not user friendly at all. Would work better with a set up like the AI Prime HD (e.g., be able to control it directly instead of connecting through a dedicated wifi).

• 1 month later...

I have two of these...

The app is absolutely terrible and the biggest headache to deal with.  Once you find a nice sequence of settings (which is also a little annoying to individually set) and are in set-it and forget-it mode they seem to do pretty well for the price.

The biggest annoyance is you first connect to the pump and then change settings and save, then connect to wifi, then save the settings again.  On an iPhone this becomes a lot of shuffling.  The preset profiles are okay, but the whole 1-hour adjust setup one-by-one makes tweaking a little bothersome.

They're definitely a compromise on price/size/ease-of-use triangle.

App is very hard for me as well.  Seems like it connects well for some and not so well for others (I'm in the latter group).  I also wanted to adjust the flow recently and was having a hard time with the app, so I gave up.

Having said that, the pump itself is awesome and quiet, so worth it for me.  It's the perfect nano-sized pump.   

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2019 at 10:18 PM, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

Hi all,

Just bought this powerhead and I cannot get app to work.

Everytime that I try to synch I get 'Activate Network'....

I have tried all the settings mentioned before I this thread with no luck.

I'm using an iPhone.

Anybody has a step by step process?

Thanks,

I think the "sync" menu is for data sync to the web.

From what I can make out, the whole procedure is like this:

1. Connect your phone to the pump's WiFi network.
  2. Choose the pump in the app
  3. Choose the set. (Or create one.)
  4. When you're back on the app's device screen, you still have to turn the set on (flip the "switch" to the right to change it from red to green), at which point the app sends the settings to the device.
  5. Then, you flip your phone's WiFi settings back to your network.
  6. Then you go back to the Aqamai app and select Sync.

My hypothesis is that "sync" causes the app to push all your data back to the web for safekeeping.

• 2 months later...

I got it working once, only on my iPad, refused to work on my iPhone.

a month in I wondered why my stick fell off the rock, closer investigation shows I missed a half hour, and it was at 100% in a 13.5 fluval. In my desperate attempt to stop this, I can no longer control the device whatsoever. In my last attempt I deleted the device and reset it - huge mistake, now I have absolutely no control over anything and aqamai has not gotten back to my email, I’m lost as what to do next, aside from return it.

I had an aqamai kps recently stop working.  Good news for anyone unaware, Aqamai is owned by Hydor and they have a 2-year warranty.  Keep the back sticker on the wifi module in good condition as they ask for a photo of it for the warranty.

They mailed me a brand new pump.

Regarding their email, I had a response back with a business day.

2 hours ago, bpipher said:

I had an aqamai kps recently stop working.  Good news for anyone unaware, Aqamai is owned by Hydor and they have a 2-year warranty.  Keep the back sticker on the wifi module in good condition as they ask for a photo of it for the warranty.

They mailed me a brand new pump.

Regarding their email, I had a response back with a business day.

I had the same experience with my first 1. They were great to deal with.

• 3 months later...
OfficeReefer

@JLynnFor the AQAMAI you're using in your IM Nuvo 20 - I see the Wifi is actually adhoc and then you have to connect. Do you know if the app will integrate with any other solutions like Apex, etc?

• 2 months later...
tranceFusion

For anyone with connectivity issues on this powerhead - You only need to connect to the Wifi network the device creates the first time to set it up. Then you can use the app to provide your wifi network name and password to the powerhead. It will then connect to your existing network rather than create its own. If you have connectivity issues after that - your phone has to be on the same network AND location services has to be on for it to connect successfully to the powerhead to apply settings changes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OfficeReefer

I know it is late, but this powerhead was garbage. Going to go with something, Nero 3 perhaps. I really don't like cords in the tank and the MP10 seems overkill. Also, depends on if it works with Apex or has an API to use. I really don't want "another" app to manage stuff either.