inTank Media Baskets

Aqamai KPS Powerhead

JLynn

I have mine on an EVO 13.5 gallon. And I have it so that the intensity changes throughout the day; some are 15-100% with 1.5 seconds; some are 30-75% with 2.5 seconds. I decrease the intensity at night so the fish can feel comfortable to rest/sleep.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

In case you're not aware... there's a small push button at the back of the controller puck. Hold for 3 secs and the pumps pause for 10 mins for feeding. More convenient than using the app each time

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 3/28/2018 at 10:59 PM, JcSH2o said:

Thanks! I also am not tech savvy with regards to these sorts of things. My write up was an attempt to help others who may be experiencing my same issue. It really is a great pump. I wish they had made the directions a bit more clear!  :rolleyes:

Your write up helped me 🙂

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, TheonlyDaan said:

In case you're not aware... there's a small push button at the back of the controller puck. Hold for 3 secs and the pumps pause for 10 mins for feeding. More convenient than using the app each time

I didn't even know that was there lol. Thanks a lot :smilie:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Recently got this pump for my volcano pico.  Loved it so much I ordered another one for my new 20g set-up.  I was very happy with its size and how silent it is.  My wife even asked me if it was on the other day because she couldn't hear anything (it was).  It really is a perfect pump for nanos.  

I don't love the app either tho.  And I also had difficulty connecting to the device on my Pixel 2 (though I was able to easily connect to my wife's iphone). 

I did call customer service and they instructed me to turn off my cell phone data and try again to connect to the Aqamai network.  It worked!  

Hopefully that can help some Pixel users down the road.

Also, what is Smooth mode??

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Recently got this pump for my volcano pico.  Loved it so much I ordered another one for my new 20g set-up.  I was very happy with its size and how silent it is.  My wife even asked me if it was on the other day because she couldn't hear anything (it was).  It really is a perfect pump for nanos.  

I don't love the app either tho.  And I also had difficulty connecting to the device on my Pixel 2 (though I was able to easily connect to my wife's iphone). 

I did call customer service and they instructed me to turn off my cell phone data and try again to connect to the Aqamai network.  It worked!  

I think smooth will gradually go up and down in power. So if it's set to say 40-80 on the power slide, it'll go slow on the ramp up and then slow back down. At least that's what it seems like it does.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I think smooth will gradually go up and down in power. So if it's set to say 40-80 on the power slide, it'll go slow on the ramp up and then slow back down. At least that's what it seems like it does.

Good to know.  I probably would never use that mode then.  LOL.

Have you figured out how Night mode works?  Like it has an adjustable flow rate and I wasn't sure what to set it at.  Like if my max flow rate on Wave mode is 50%, not sure how that would translate in Night mode (i.e., like do I set Night mode at 50% too?).  

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Good to know.  I probably would never use that mode then.  LOL.

Have you figured out how Night mode works?  Like it has an adjustable flow rate and I wasn't sure what to set it at.  Like if my max flow rate on Wave mode is 50%, not sure how that would translate in Night mode (i.e., like do I set Night mode at 50% too?).  

I use night mode from 12-5 am. From what I've seen it just has steady flow and doesn't change. I have mine at 50 percent also. I think it's one of those things that's there to play with lol.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm thinking of doing a couple sps pieces in my 20 so I may actually up the speed of mine. I have it pretty randomized at the moment.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I use night mode from 12-5 am. From what I've seen it just has steady flow and doesn't change. I have mine at 50 percent also. I think it's one of those things that's there to play with lol.

Hmm.  I'll probably skip Night mode too then.  LOL.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, Tigahboy said:

Hmm.  I'll probably skip Night mode too then.  LOL.

It's so cool with all the modes, but I may actually change it up. I actually like wave mode the most. It's neat since it always changes. My tank is mainly lps at the moment.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's so cool with all the modes, but I may actually change it up. I actually like wave mode the most. It's neat since it always changes. My tank is mainly lps at the moment.

I'm all about the wave mode.  Are you relying solely on 1 KPS for circulation for your 20g?  I'm also setting it up on a 20g and debating whether to add a second.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
31 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm all about the wave mode.  Are you relying solely on 1 KPS for circulation for your 20g?  I'm also setting it up on a 20g and debating whether to add a second.

Well for now I have one, but I also run the tidal 55 so with both of them I get a bunch of flow in the tank. I have a second one just in case. I'm actually setting up a 75g so i'm going with two of the kpms for that and if need be i'll use the kps also, maybe at the bottom of the tank. My flow goes from 50percent all the way to 100percent, but I have it random and wave and smooth. All varying percents.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well for now I have one, but I also run the tidal 55 so with both of them I get a bunch of flow in the tank. I have a second one just in case. I'm actually setting up a 75g so i'm going with two of the kpms for that and if need be i'll use the kps also, maybe at the bottom of the tank. My flow goes from 50percent all the way to 100percent, but I have it random and wave and smooth. All varying percents.

Good to know.  Yeah, I have about 300 gph out of my return pump, so hoping it will be enough with 1 KPS.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Good to know.  Yeah, I have about 300 gph out of my return pump, so hoping it will be enough with 1 KPS.

oh yeah i'd think you'd be fine with it. Worst case you turn that thing up and you should have a bunch of flow. :wink:

• Like 1

So I installed a new Aqamai on my 20g just now (using my Pixel 2) and turned off the wireless data before I started and it worked without any issues!  

Also @DSFIRSTSLTWATER and @lizzyann do you use one of the presets for your 20g tanks, and if so which one?  

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

So I installed a new Aqamai on my 20g just now (using my Pixel 2) and turned off the wireless data before I started and it worked without any issues!  

Also @DSFIRSTSLTWATER and @lizzyann do you use one of the presets for your 20g tanks, and if so which one?  

I actually didn't. I customized it. Messed with it for a few days until I liked it...I actually thought about using a present so if you do use one let me know how you like it

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

It's been so long since I set it up I forgot what I had. I have it set pretty high.

Here is what it looks like at this time.

Screenshot_20190601-200644.png

Pretty sure I have it set the the SPS max 200l preset. I didn't do too much fiddling when I set it up, just set it to something lower, maybe one of the LPS ones, decided that probably wasn't enough, and changed it to the max one. Still having trouble with the app though. Tried turning off the data but still no luck. I'm connected to the device and everything, just get an error when I try to sync. I haven't tried totally resetting the device yet but will probably just try to get in touch with tech support.

11 minutes ago, lizzyann said:

Pretty sure I have it set the the SPS max 200l preset. I didn't do too much fiddling when I set it up, just set it to something lower, maybe one of the LPS ones, decided that probably wasn't enough, and changed it to the max one. Still having trouble with the app though. Tried turning off the data but still no luck. I'm connected to the device and everything, just get an error when I try to sync. I haven't tried totally resetting the device yet but will probably just try to get in touch with tech support.

Bummer it didn't work for you.  But yeah, may need to totally reset.

I have mine on SPS Max 200l also and love the flow I'm getting.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

Mine died about 2 weeks ago

I had an issue with my first one. Hydor replaced it with no issue. 

The second 1 working perfectly.

• Like 1
On 5/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, Tigahboy said:

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the pump and own a Pixel3 so is good to know what to expect

• Like 1
On 6/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, Clown79 said:

I had an issue with my first one. Hydor replaced it with no issue. 

The second 1 working perfectly.

My dumbass threw it out and didn't even think about contacting the company.