SaltCritters.com

Softies not opening

Suavereefer32

Suavereefer32

I recently bought a bunch of coral at my LFS and everything seems to be going very well for all of my corals except for....the neon toadstool and my GSP's....  I think this is super weird because my SPS and my LPS purchases are doing swimmingly but these are not.  What has been everyone else's experience with these corals? 

1 minute ago, Suavereefer32 said:

I recently bought a bunch of coral at my LFS and everything seems to be going very well for all of my corals except for....the neon toadstool and my GSP's....  I think this is super weird because my SPS and my LPS purchases are doing swimmingly but these are not.  What has been everyone else's experience with these corals? 

GSP can take days to open. The toadstool may just be pissed. 

• Like 1
Suavereefer32
33 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

GSP can take days to open. The toadstool may just be pissed. 

Ah gotcha.  Yea I have never had these corals before.  I have read that Toadstools like high flow and high light.  Is that the case in your experience?

4 hours ago, Suavereefer32 said:

Ah gotcha.  Yea I have never had these corals before.  I have read that Toadstools like high flow and high light.  Is that the case in your experience?

I have my toadstool midway up my rock and I faced him upward towards the light with Mod flow. It took a few days for the toadstool to open up but once he was done being pissy he opened up and grew...my GSP didnt take long to open up just a couple hours. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have my very grumpy toadstool in a high light mid to low flow at the bottom of my tank. He is very happy and getting bigger in that spot. To make up for the lower flow I use a turkey baster on him twice a week to help with sheading. 

Both corals get grumpy. It will take them time to acclimate to the new environment.

Leathers will close up when touched, after waterchanges, to remove buildup on them.

In my experience the like flow and light