Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nick's 30L Mixed Reef

Nixperience

Nixperience
1 minute ago, zohar78 said:

thanks...       hmmm..      I haven't really looked at corals yet..  just going to get the tank established and better understanding of salt before moving to next stage

That's a good idea. Start with a fowlr and practice keeping reef parameters, like 1.025-1.026 salinity. Then when you decide to do corals or anemones, you'll be more ready. 

Nixperience

I've figured out color spectrum, now I just have to fiddle with intensity the next few days. I'm having it ramp up 10 minutes before the Prime and ramp down 10 minutes before the Prime and running lunar cycle on the Prime only. 

• Like 1
Nixperience
14 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Nice never thought about that with multiple lights to simulate sunrise and sunset even more. 

Only problem is you can't parent and child the lights. I have to run them as 2 seperate schedules, which is more work to get it set up, but in the long run, I can tweak one side of the tank if I need to. 

Nixperience

Stuck a little clump of chaeto in my rock cave mangrove root area. It gets natural sun there a few hours a day. I should have a piece of codium any moment now and I'll be finding a good spot for that. 

IMG_1197.JPG

• Like 2
Nixperience

Codium came in. It was a nice piece and glued to a plug easy. Pretty floppy, so I had to put it in the middle. 

APC_0015.jpg

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Codium came in. It was a nice piece and glued to a plug easy. Pretty floppy, so I had to put it in the middle. 

APC_0015.jpg

Looks nice!!

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Nixperience said:

I think those new aqamai pumps are it. They partnered with hydor so they are basically 3rd gen koralia with uber controllability. Check em out. They just released this week. 

It sounds like now and in a couple months should be proven to be a good call.  I'll probably order one in a few minutes.  Initially its going ot be used to stir up the water while curing  some pukani rocks, then once the tank arrives, it will be used there.    thanks for the heads up.

The one thing that is getting a little crazy is the amount of stuff we have connected now to internet.  I'm going to have to look long and hard at my router and computer forums to set up better security.     its crazy how much stuff is connected now...

Nixperience
1 minute ago, zohar78 said:

It sounds like now and in a couple months should be proven to be a good call.  I'll probably order one in a few minutes.  Initially its going ot be used to stir up the water while curing  some pukani rocks.      thanks for the heads up.

The one thing that is getting a little crazy is the amount of stuff we have connected now to internet.  I'm going to have to look long and hard at my router and computer forums to set up better security.     its crazy how much stuff is connected now...

All the Aquarium stuff isn't drawing any bandwidth though. It's only connected when you log in to change something. 

I like the setup and the title!  I am very partial to white cabinets as well.

I am not familiar with the 30, does the tunze fit in the back with no issues?

Nixperience
16 minutes ago, Tmr8188 said:

I like the setup and the title!  I am very partial to white cabinets as well.

I am not familiar with the 30, does the tunze fit in the back with no issues?

Thanks. The tunze would have to go in the first chamber or the return chamber. I didn't like that, so I got the ghost midsize. 

Nixperience
3 minutes ago, tran said:

great setup.

saw you posted the cube for sale on the brs forum.  

Thanks. I sold everything else. Practically have to give tanks away. 

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I came because the title nearly made me spit my drink out, and I wasn't even drinking anything!

Well get that out of there...................that guy needs to be banned....................and all of his posts deleted....................

• Like 3
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well get that out of there...................that guy needs to be banned....................and all of his posts deleted....................

Word up

• Like 3
Nixperience

So anyway. The codium was too floppy to put near the powerhead. Would that be a good place to put a gorg? I should be getting a purple and a rusty gorg tomorrow along with the dragons breath and red grape. 

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

I am not in disagreement.

And you know I'm generally an affable sort.

• Like 2
Nixperience
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Seriously Nix why even put that in the thread? Delete it now..........

Ok edited. Let's just forget about that dude. 

• Like 2
Nixperience

I'm thinking about ordering some gracilaria and halimeda from reefcleaners too since their shipping isn't too expensive. I also noticed some yellow yumas at my lfs, so I may add one of those to my Yuma garden 

• Like 1