ReefCleaners.org

Nick's 30L Mixed Reef

Nixperience

Nixperience

So I have 4 RFAs now. They are all in a fine spot mostly. The nice green one I got from VIP didn't make it. It still never latched, had a gaping mouth, and it was starting to get melty. ☹️

8 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

So I have 4 RFAs now. They are all in a fine spot mostly. The nice green one I got from VIP didn't make it. It still never latched, had a gaping mouth, and it was starting to get melty. ☹️

Aw poor nem :(

Nixperience

Built some garden beds this weekend. I'll do 6 more next year. Cedar is friggen expensive. At least it kept me from adding more stuff to the tank. 

IMG_1271.JPG

• Like 2

Now the fun part of filling them with dirt..................

I just turned ours as the wife wants to plant a few things.....way late was being lazy and didn't even want to garden this year.

• Like 2
Nixperience
30 minutes ago, spectra said:

Now the fun part of filling them with dirt..................

I just turned ours as the wife wants to plant a few things.....way late was being lazy and didn't even want to garden this year.

Ya I'm way late too, but I had so much yard stuff to do and it wouldn't stop raining for a month. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Ya I'm way late too, but I had so much yard stuff to do and it wouldn't stop raining for a month. 

Same here........rain and more rain now its 90 out the last 2 days........I don't like to sweat :lol:

Nixperience
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

Same here........rain and more rain now its 90 out the last 2 days........I don't like to sweat :lol:

My problem is I will work in the heat and sweat gets in my eyes. I'll work until it's done and then be dehydrated and wrecked for a week. I don't like to stop or be slowed down. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

My problem is I will work in the heat and sweat gets in my eyes. I'll work until it's done and then be dehydrated and wrecked for a week. I don't like to stop or be slowed down. 

lol.  I hear you on that..   and I'm hot natured as heck so I sweat a ton.   if its above 60 its too hot for me. And I live in the hot humid south and work in a warehouse.. I drink a gallon to gallon and half of water, and wills till walk out of work dehydrated.  during summertime, I drink about 20 to 30 oz of water before bed and when I wake up to get it in me. Thanks to the military training on that one. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nixperience said:

I used to be that way :lol: now I am old and don't want to do the work.........I did add dirt to all the boxes though and well no plants in them yet :lol: wife is in the sun drinking a beer.........me in the air conditioned house drinking a beer ;)

I work in the heat during the day the last thing I want to do is come home to it also........

1 hour ago, zohar78 said:

lol.  I hear you on that..   and I'm hot natured as heck so I sweat a ton.   if its above 60 its too hot for me. And I live in the hot humid south and work in a warehouse.. I drink a gallon to gallon and half of water, and wills till walk out of work dehydrated.  during summertime, I drink about 20 to 30 oz of water before bed and when I wake up to get it in me. Thanks to the military training on that one. 

I know the feeling.......I used to wear shorts and it wasn't to bad but now I need to wear my carhartts and I hate it............

• Like 1
Nixperience
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I used to be that way :lol: now I am old and don't want to do the work.........I did add dirt to all the boxes though and well no plants in them yet :lol: wife is in the sun drinking a beer.........me in the air conditioned house drinking a beer ;)

I work in the heat during the day the last thing I want to do is come home to it also........

I don't want to do it either. Especially since I know I can't stop once I get started

Nixperience
35 minutes ago, spectra said:

where is the fancy equipment at ? I saw pics with the bobcat earlier........make short work out of it.

That was someone I knew that brought it over. 

2 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

That was someone I knew that brought it over. 

Well better invite them over for some BBQ :lol: and tell them to bring it..............

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Nixperience said:

You know, there is a way to hydrate yourself without stopping or slowing down... Get yourself one of those silly little water backpack sacks that come equipped with a drinking hose, allowing you to sip away all day hands free! Although wearing one in the hot sun might make you sweat even more, you can simply hose your face down haha.

Jokes aside, hydrate yourself dude and you'll be able to workk harder, better, faster, longer :P

• Like 1
Nixperience

Nitrates are now under 10ppm. The macros seem to be working as I've been feeding pretty heavy. Once I get the remaining macros I've been looking for, the nutrient consumption should be no problem and I can either feed more or increase bioload. Yay!

• Like 2
On 5/28/2017 at 9:05 PM, samnaz said:

You know, there is a way to hydrate yourself without stopping or slowing down... Get yourself one of those silly little water backpack sacks that come equipped with a drinking hose, allowing you to sip away all day hands free! Although wearing one in the hot sun might make you sweat even more, you can simply hose your face down haha.

Jokes aside, hydrate yourself dude and you'll be able to workk harder, better, faster, longer :P

Camelbak ftw!

• Like 2
Nixperience
13 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Camelbak ftw!

Lmao! You won't catch me working in my yard with my shirt off and a camelpak on. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Lmao! You won't catch me working in my yard with my shirt off and a camelpak on. 

:lol:  That would certainly make for some interesting tan lines!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Nitrates are now under 10ppm. The macros seem to be working as I've been feeding pretty heavy. Once I get the remaining macros I've been looking for, the nutrient consumption should be no problem and I can either feed more or increase bioload. Yay!

I love the way this works with Macros. :happydance:

• Like 1
Nixperience

Just ordered the oceanbox designs 4.3g frag tank to run full time as a quarantine/frag tank inside my stand. It will be a perfect fit. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Just ordered the oceanbox designs 4.3g frag tank to run full time as a quarantine/frag tank inside my stand. It will be a perfect fit. 

That's a nice looking little tank.  I believe someone on here had it set up as a pico for a while.

Nixperience
9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's a nice looking little tank.  I believe someone on here had it set up as a pico for a while.

I'd like to find that and see it. 

Well, I thought there was one on here but I can't find it, however this one is similar in proportions (but a bit bigger I believe).  This may have been the one I was thinking of.

Nixperience
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Well, I thought there was one on here but I can't find it, however this one is similar in proportions (but a bit bigger I believe).  This may have been the one I was thinking of.

That's pretty cool. It's twice the volume at 15x15x9. The one I ordered is 12x12x7. Cool to see something similar set up though. Mine will be bare bottom since it will be an in cabinet tank. I need maintenance to be clean and easy. Probably 2 small rocks and a nice frag rack with a few snails and a goby. If I ever need to medicate and use it as a quarantine, I'll just pull the rock and frags into the main tank and go full quarantine. Otherwise, it will be a little experiment tank. I may grow out macro clippings in there too.