Top Shelf Aquatics

Nick's 30L Mixed Reef

Nixperience

Nixperience
31 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I am wondering if, under high flow, the toadstool will be stretched to become a toad-ladder. :P

? I'm not sure I should laugh at this one. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

? I'm not sure I should laugh at this one. 

:lol:

You know you want to. :D

#sorrynotsorry

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

You must've really liked that one. 

Well, I did but no more or less than any of my other terribad puns. ;)

• Like 2
Nixperience

I was starting to get a dusting of diatoms in the back chamber because my lights are so high, they blast the compartments. I made a black cover from a tote lid. 

IMG_1239.JPG

• Like 6
Nixperience

I went in on a 10 pack of RFAs from VIP with some local reefers. It's coming in tomorrow and I'm getting 3. Can't wait!!!

• Like 3
Nixperience

Question about my hammer. The white between the tissue and the skeleton: is this new skeletal growth or new tissue growth?

IMG_1244.JPG

Nixperience
36 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Is that a flower or a Yuma/Ric in the 2nd pic?

If it is a flower I've never seen one like it o.O

It's a green Yuma. I dropped the RFA and it touched that rock and stuck. I couldn't move it. I guess that one is really healthy. That one is about half dollar size. The orange one is about a dime. Still waiting for the 3rd one to latch onto something. The 3rd one is about a quarter size. I have all my powerheads off still, just returns on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

I got 3 RFAs today. 2 attached right away and the 3rd is still in an angry ball. 

APC_0019.jpg

APC_0022.jpg

Those are pretty!!

• Like 1
Nixperience
8 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Those are pretty!!

Thanks. The one that isn't latching is a lime green disk with blue green rim and nice striping. Probably just a little more stressed from the shipping than the others. The sg in the bags was 1.028 so I had to float and drip them for a while. 

Nixperience

I got a shot of the 3rd one with a light on it and with the blues. It's mouth looks open. I'm worried about this one. 

E617CFC6-D22A-4B0A-B92C-E12994A97D66_zps

9B0A442D-BCAB-44A2-B0BE-619113BC283E_zps

57 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I got a shot of the 3rd one with a light on it and with the blues. It's mouth looks open. I'm worried about this one. 

E617CFC6-D22A-4B0A-B92C-E12994A97D66_zps

9B0A442D-BCAB-44A2-B0BE-619113BC283E_zps

Ooh yeah he looks pretty peeved.  Fingers crossed for him!

4 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

The green nem is surrounded by 2 snails and a hermit today and still not looking so hot. 

IMG_1255.PNG

Give it some time, they're pretty tough. 

• Like 1
Nixperience
5 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Give it some time, they're pretty tough. 

Oh I will. Just don't want it to become hermit food. If it starts falling apart, I'll pull it. Until then, I watch. 

• Like 1
Nixperience

Here's an iPhone FTS today. My 2 nicest RFAs went in caves wtf. Also, my starry blenny has been pulling his weight with diatoms. He loves them and has been munching all day keeping them at bay. He might be doing a better job than the snails. 

APC_0029.jpg

• Like 4
Nixperience

So I got 3 RFAs from a group order the other day and 2 from the LFS because one wasn't looking so hot. 5 RFAs, and I can only find 2 right now ? 3 took a walk somewhere. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

So I got 3 RFAs from a group order the other day and 2 from the LFS because one wasn't looking so hot. 5 RFAs, and I can only find 2 right now ? 3 took a walk somewhere. 

Used this meme earlier for someone's landwalking hermit lol...RFAs be like

a.jpg

• Like 3
Nixperience

I found them all. Not in ideal places, but oh well. 

I tried feeding new life spectrum pellets today, but seems only the clowns really eat them and they don't seem crazy about it. I usually feed Prime Reef flakes and everything loves it and it also feeds the corals, kind of. 

Nixperience

Got these frags yesterday for $25, so I figured I'd try them out. I wasn't going to do any zoas, but I saw these yellow ones and thought they looked cool and stuck them in he softy zone. 

Neon green birdsnest, purple polyp pocillopora, purple polyp birdsnest, red planet. 

860C30D3-B520-46BC-84B1-91E69E80D064_zps

King midas zoas

08644BE0-D9EE-4B19-8739-54D2B36431BD_zps