Top Shelf Aquatics

Nick's 30L Mixed Reef

Nixperience

8 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

All nano skimmers are lame unless you get a hob, but I only have 2" from the wall. I've got so much flow, the stock pump is good for now. I have other things I have to buy first. 

No HOB..............I bought the 30L as I wanted no equipment hanging out the back..............I want a clean look.

• Like 2
Nixperience
Just now, spectra said:

No HOB..............I bought the 30L as I wanted no equipment hanging out the back..............I want a clean look.

Same here. I think I'm stuck with the ghost. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

Same here. I think I'm stuck with the ghost. 

Just put a sump under it...................I am planning that one.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Oh thanks! That's all it takes?

Yup . Or make your own 

11 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

All nano skimmers are lame unless you get a hob, but I only have 2" from the wall. I've got so much flow, the stock pump is good for now. I have other things I have to buy first. 

I have tried a few lame nano skimmers pls 50 elite works but

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sticks up like a smokestack

Nixperience
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Just put a sump under it...................I am planning that one.

I just got rid of my sump setup. I needed the storage and less places to clean. 

1 minute ago, pal said:

Yup . Or make your own 

I have tried a few lame nano skimmers pls 50 elite works but

Sticks up like a smokestack

Well I have mine not so far up..............yeah it sucks but sits a lot lower than a HOB skimmer.

Nixperience
8 hours ago, pal said:

If you put the cad pls skimmer in the 2nd chamber on the right side of your tank yor mangroves could hide it.

Lol. That thing sticks out pretty high. Is it just the cup that sticks out, or the body too?

Nixperience

So I had to get a new dryside for my mp10 because it had faulty wiring in the motor end. Now the replacement had a disconnected wire in the plug wtf. 

Nixperience
6 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I wanted to do something like this.  but my husband hates how it looks and I have no idea why.

Lol. My wife doesn't tell me how she truly feels about it anymore. I've worn her down and as long as I don't exceed this area or make a mess of the house, she has given up on me ?

• Like 4
Nixperience
1 hour ago, samnaz said:

It looks so good!

Thanks. I just disconnected my ato from my holding tank and got that hooked up now. Piecing it together as it cycles. I'm hoping it will be ready for clean up by the weekend since I added a lot of established rock. We'll see how it goes. 

Nixperience

Ammonia still at 2ppm. I thought my live rock was going to seed faster, but I guess I'll have to wait longer haha ? 

WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Ammonia still at 2ppm. I thought my live rock was going to seed faster, but I guess I'll have to wait longer haha ? 

Hurry up and wait!

• Like 2
Nixperience

Just order the inTank media baskets. Maybe by the time they come in, it will be time to use media. Mangroves will be in by Friday. I'll put them in other tank if ammonia is still present by then. 

Nixperience

DB238BCB-A44D-4900-B23D-CE542ADFB618_zps

I put my koralia nano 240 in the bottom corner behind my rockwork. Should be enough to keep some flow in that area. 

• Like 1
Nixperience

Ammonia dropping to around 1ppm. So it begins. Once it hits 0, I'll test for nitrites and move on from there. 

Simulated Fish
44 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Ammonia dropping to around 1ppm. So it begins. Once it hits 0, I'll test for nitrites and move on from there. 

Love tanks that break the waterline! What kind of air plants did you use? I have been thinking about doing a 12g long book case and may need a link. ;)

Good idea on the small pump, most folks overlook Common dead spots like that.