Coral Vue Hydros

Good scape for a nano?

Jose.H11

Hi, I my mum just shut down her 30g system and I had a spare 7g nano in the garage so I thought I would try a nano reef. So far I've got my 7g tank, filter media from the 30g, sand and some spare rock. I've come up with this for the scape and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions (I am planning on keeping mainly sps and lps). The clowns will be moving soon one I sell them on and have ordered some hermits and 3 sexy shrimp. Any suggestions would be appreciated to improve it :)

Thanks, Josh

IMG_20170424_201645.jpg

IMG_20170424_201651.jpg

IMG_20170424_201750.jpg

Just now, WV Reefer said:

I like it. :)

Thanks, I like the cave and arch, should be good for any smaller fish I get in the future :)

The rocks look nice, but I would consider shortening them a little bit if you're planning branching SPS.  SPS will really fill the space above the rock pretty quickly, and it's a shame to have to trim them all the time because they reach the water surface.  And shortening the rock later when it's covered with coral will be tough.

2 minutes ago, holy carp said:

The rocks look nice, but I would consider shortening them a little bit if you're planning branching SPS.  SPS will really fill the space above the rock pretty quickly, and it's a shame to have to trim them all the time because they reach the water surface.  And shortening the rock later when it's covered with coral will be tough.

hmmm, thats a very good point, yeah I think I'll kind of squeeze them closer and slide the arch top down a bit. Thanks!

So I've taken the advice into consideration and come up with a pretty major re-scape, think it should allow more room for branching ups and such. Thanks for the advice guys :)

IMG_20170425_211507.jpg

IMG_20170425_211516.jpg

Archived