ReefCleaners.org

2g fluval spec

Geek

Got my planted tank almost crystal clear. Still thinking about upgrading my nano reef prob wait until I get back from our camping trip next week.  

20170514_220933.jpg

Back from my weekend camping trip. Everything still looked pretty good. Did a 85% water change. Still thinking about upgrading to a bigger tank. 

20170521_205702.jpg

• Like 3

I was feeding the fish today and I was looking around to see if everything looked good and I'm pretty sure I spotted the pom pom crab snatch up food or something that looked like it.

• Like 2

Moved my gsp from sand to a piece of rock. Picked up the rock and my pom pom crab was still alive haven't seen it since I got it. Probably get more coral this week.  I also saw some shrimp looking bug. 

• Like 2

Shrimp bug was probably an amphipod.  Glad you spotted the ever-elusive pom pom!  They can hide in the tiniest of cracks, it's pretty amazing.

• Like 1

Guess I'll just keep this tank going since everything is doing good in it. Got any modding ideas I could do with it? I'm also breeding some bettas in my FW bare bottom aquarium right now. Decided to buy one of those glass lids for one of my aquariums it's the right size but doesn't fit good I don't recommend getting one. 

• Like 1

Fish is still doing good I'm amazed but he's always hiding out unless it's time to eat or lights off. Really want that occ clown fish though. What to do? 

If you want a clown, go for the 10 since you would need to upgrade to that anyway (5.5 is too small for a clown long-term).

• Like 1
yungKitten

I agree. Standard 10 gallon tanks are a pleasure to work with. If you're not dead set on the clown, then a 5.5 is a good option as well. Looking forward to new developments!

• Like 1
yungKitten
2 hours ago, Geek said:

The problem is I need to figure out how to mount my light because it's made for rimless tanks. 

De-rim a standard tank! I took the top rim off a standard 10 and it had no issues for 2 years. (At that point I dismantled the tank because I was going to school.)

I'm over here back and forth about upgrading but everything is going good why mess with it. Probably do a WC tonight. But I want that clown fish can't make up my mind. 

• Like 1

If I were to buy a new tank it would be the mr aqua 12g long if I could find one. I already have a extra empty 10g that I could use.  This is what I have that I'm not using.

1. 10g aquarium 

2. Nano 240 pump 

3. AC 70 hob filter. Think it still works

4. Sand

5. Heater

2 hours ago, Geek said:

If I were to buy a new tank it would be the mr aqua 12g long if I could find one. I already have a extra empty 10g that I could use.  This is what I have that I'm not using.

1. 10g aquarium 

2. Nano 240 pump 

3. AC 70 hob filter. Think it still works

4. Sand

5. Heater

I think Bulk Reef Supply carries that tank?  Though it'd certainly be a more budget option to go with what you've got lol.