Pod Your Reef

2g fluval spec

Geek

yungKitten
54 minutes ago, Geek said:

I know it's not reef related but I was pretty stoked, scored me some free comics today and added more to my collection. 

20170506_194636.jpg

20170506_210646.jpg

Hellz to the yeah! 

(You have good taste.)

Simulated Fish

Any sign of the pom pom? How are your tank prams? Inverts are very sensitive to changes and elevated levels.

yungKitten
3 hours ago, Geek said:

Still haven't seen the pom pom crab. :(

It's my understanding that they tend to be somewhat elusive. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You might be able to spot when feeding or possibly at night. Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, yungKitten said:

It's my understanding that they tend to be somewhat elusive. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You might be able to spot when feeding or possibly at night. Hope this helps!

Poms are definitely elusive.  You can try looking at night, mine tended to be a little bolder once the lights were out.

It's a springer  damsel or something  like that. They told me they are great for new tanks since they are hardy and most people use them to cycle tanks. 

1 hour ago, Geek said:

It's a springer  damsel or something  like that. They told me they are great for new tanks since they are hardy and most people use them to cycle tanks. 

Eep!  People still use fish to cycle tanks? :wacko:

yungKitten
13 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Eep!  People still use fish to cycle tanks? :wacko:

They do, and they frequently end up with an extremely aggressive blue damsel as a result. (not because of the cycle but just because damsels tend to survive the cycle and are ornery as a rule.)

3 hours ago, yungKitten said:

They do, and they frequently end up with an extremely aggressive blue damsel as a result. (not because of the cycle but just because damsels tend to survive the cycle and are ornery as a rule.)

Wow, that was frowned upon way back when I entered the hobby with freshwater...a decade ago! :unsure:

yungKitten
13 hours ago, Geek said:

I really like damsels because they have a ton of personality and are very active. Definitely do not put any other fish in there unless you want a battle royal. As a side note, I suspect 2 gallons is nowhere near enough water volume for a damsel, but I'm sure you will soon find out.

I'm going to say bleep it and upgrade to a 5.5g. The only problem is my light is made for rimless tanks.  I don't want to buy a new light. 

Simulated Fish
1 hour ago, Geek said:

I'm going to say bleep it and upgrade to a 5.5g. The only problem is my light is made for rimless tanks.  I don't want to buy a new light. 

Sounds like a diy project is in the future!

Going to do a water change tomorrow night. Looks like I have some diotomes now. I need to clean out my planted tank too been trying to get the water crystal clear.  

20170512_215835.jpg

• Like 2
Simulated Fish
20 hours ago, Geek said:

Going to do a water change tomorrow night. Looks like I have some diotomes now. I need to clean out my planted tank too been trying to get the water crystal clear.

That planted tank is very pretty, every time I start one I get lazy about triming and pruning so I end up breaking it down.