blizzardscout2

Reese's Blue Spot ate my sticks 170

Tamberav

Beautiful tank! Iove your scape and choice of fish. 

blizzardscout2

Thanks, there are a few fish not shown, Buster the Starry blenny and Blue Lightning the Coral Beauty named by my mom and my 5 year old son respectively. They all get along great. The tank started out as a peaceful community however the Starry, the Clown and Anthias became aggressive so no more peaceful fish were allowed, except the Sharknose Goby. No one has a problem with them. 

blizzardscout2

I gave the sump a deep cleaning a few days ago and used the bucket head wet vac from Home Depot to rid of all the broken bits of MarinePure fragments and detritus, etc. I also found out how much detritus the MarinePure cubes contain as I took them and shook them in the dirty water in the bucket and one cube instantly turned it all dark green. Needless to say this was well overdue. I gave the Vectra S1 a good cleaning along with my NYOS 120. I also tested my dKH and it is dialed in my dosing to keep it stable. It has been at 9.5 for a couple days now. I will test daily to confirm its stability as I really would like improved coral growth. Between that and the direct feedings I a hoping that should do it. Up until now my dKH has had slow swings which I attribute to the slow growth. We shall see...

blizzardscout2

Okay, I finished the refugium project today between windstorms and power outages. Drilling the glass wasn’t so bad. 

On another note I just noticed my Rainbow BTA split. Unsure why as all my parameters have been very stable and I’ve been feeding it. Both halves look very healthy. Problem is now I have to be ready to move other corals as the other half is on the move. 

84448E98-39A2-4C7C-A65D-D85A2784C102.jpeg

• Like 2

blizzardscout2

After installing the refugium I realized the 1/2” drain was not sufficient for the flow I wanted so I drilled another 1/2” next to it and added strainers to both. I am using Bahamas Oolite sand and for now Red Dragon’s Breath Macro as I had a lot in my Reef in need of a haircut. That said if anyone wants some let me know. 

1E5CEC8F-61E6-4ACB-ABA4-346A4A66E7FD.jpeg

85AFA49F-97E8-4F9B-B301-B163E63A16B3.jpeg

• Like 1

blizzardscout2

My Rainbow BTA soaking up some Nanobox rays. Got to love the colors.

IMG_0806.jpg

• Like 3