Coral Vue Hydros

Duderubble's Lagoon of Rubble - a lounge rat's contest tank.

duderubble

duderubble

I figured zoas are pretty bulletproof. I was going to add fish today but storms got in the way, tornadoes not far from my house. A couple miles away. 

duderubble

Palys and zoas frequently survive a cycle on live rock. I'm not saying it's a good idea to rush them, I just think there's a low risk with them . The biggest stress o think is the new light intensity but they seem pretty happy about that and they are in a shaded area. I'll be adding more zoas and mushrooms  soon. But my tank has been cycled for several weeks. 

duderubble

That zoa frag came from a place in Springfield MO. I have only been to gateway in STL. 

I am looking at reef addicted on ebay but would like to hear from someone who's tried them 

duderubble

I'm really loving the viewing from 3 sides on this tank. It's almost like a cross between a traditional tank shape and a peninsula. 

2017-05-27 21.52.46.jpg

• Like 3
duderubble

Fish and coral run tonight. Pictures when the lights are on.

4 green chromis named with my younger girls' help, Ricky, Nicky, Dicky and Dawn. It's a Disney show if you don't have young kids you won't get it. 

Two new zoa frags. Green Star Polyp, some tiny mint green branching softie (colt or kenya?) And two super tiny kenya loose frags. 

I know it's early for coral but parameters look good, the other is doing fine and everything is soft coral. I'm anxious for some sps though. 

Fish load is complete. Snail population is growing little by little. I also added a peppermint shrimp but haven't seen him again. I may go for some bigger shrimp. 

Oh and I couldn't find a Kong figurine yet. 

• Like 1
duderubble

2017-06-06 19.42.05.jpg

Couldn't get a good shot of these. They will come off of this slab and be mounted on the existing rock as will those green zoas. 

2017-06-06 19.42.47.jpg

• Like 1
duderubble

Also hard to get a shot of this. I think it's green spaghetti leather. 

2017-06-06 19.43.30.jpg

Note the gsp in the back where it will be joined by the other future embarrassing corals.  I'd be tempted by xenia if it were not a weed. 

2017-06-06 19.44.08.jpg

• Like 3
duderubble

Can't seem to keep that corner from losing its sand cover. That dark colored plate in the front will go away when the zoas on it are liberated. 

Livestock notes: both the small serpent star and the peppermint shrimp are alive and well. Unfortunately one of the green chromis didn't survive the transfer. Trying to decide if I should replace it or stick with just three fish. 

2017-06-06 19.45.41.jpg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, duderubble said:

Fish and coral run tonight. Pictures when the lights are on.

4 green chromis named with my younger girls' help, Ricky, Nicky, Dicky and Dawn. It's a Disney show if you don't have young kids you won't get it. 

Two new zoa frags. Green Star Polyp, some tiny mint green branching softie (colt or kenya?) And two super tiny kenya loose frags. 

I know it's early for coral but parameters look good, the other is doing fine and everything is soft coral. I'm anxious for some sps though. 

Fish load is complete. Snail population is growing little by little. I also added a peppermint shrimp but haven't seen him again. I may go for some bigger shrimp. 

Oh and I couldn't find a Kong figurine yet. 

Like Huey Dewey and ratatouille or what ever such shit. Ilkep the kids away from Disney, the guy was sympathetic to the nazis. 

19 minutes ago, duderubble said:

You know he's not making the shows anymore, right?

His legacy lives on bro. Not with my money. 

Never seen "Song of the South"?