Jump to content
Pjanssen

Penny's IM14-100 days contest winner: A Caribbean adventure

Recommended Posts

Pjanssen

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.daa7a512ce5c41ca3b63a55ab043de16.jpg

so this is a preliminary aquascape. I'm trying to recreate what I see when I go diving. I've used a combination of cured rock that I had, and live rock from KP aquatics. Would have liked to use all live rock, but to save a little money I opted to mix it up.

 

The stand is made from Florida Pecky Cypress in keeping with the Florida theme. I Still need to have holes drilled for the electric. I don't have a power strip yet so everything is a mess.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
ReefWeeds
On 5/6/2017 at 2:25 PM, spectra said:

 

Whats the fun of leak testing :blink: I am about deaf from work and who knows what as a kid..........but still heard the one in my 20 :lol: Hopefully the one I get will be quiet......but if not I actually have the same pump already from a nuvo 10 I had. Its a mixing pump now and good and broken in.

Yeah, I figure filling it with salt water leak tests it... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

IMG_3703.thumb.jpg.01fe2926a14d675a5f11a79b1e30a63b.jpg

End shot

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Coral_chef

That's so cool!!

Share this post


Link to post
Weetabix7
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.daa7a512ce5c41ca3b63a55ab043de16.jpg

so this is a preliminary aquascape. I'm trying to recreate what I see when I go diving. I've used a combination of cured rock that I had, and live rock from KP aquatics. Would have liked to use all live rock, but to save a little money I opted to mix it up.

 

The stand is made from Florida Pecky Cypress in keeping with the Florida theme. I Still need to have holes drilled for the electric. I don't have a power strip yet so everything is a mess.

 

 

Oooh, I really like this!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
3 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

That's so cool!!

 

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

 

Oooh, I really like this!!! 

Thank you both

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefWeeds

This looks amazing, Penny!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
lkoechle

LOVE the stand! And super nice scape!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.60df05b8dd0e28cb491ccbba01d0619b.jpg

The other side.

Behind the door will have the power strip. I hope I made it big enough. Also, This is my ATO container.

IMG_3705.thumb.jpg.83be4ee2ba48886e02658e00f68b6ae3.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Coral_chef

There's a door too :haha:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
4 minutes ago, stellablue said:

This looks amazing, Penny!! 

 

2 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

LOVE the stand! And super nice scape!

Thank you. I feel like the scape still needs some tweaking though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
lkoechle
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.60df05b8dd0e28cb491ccbba01d0619b.jpg

The other side.

Behind the door will have the power strip. I hope I made it big enough. Also, This is my ATO container.

IMG_3705.thumb.jpg.83be4ee2ba48886e02658e00f68b6ae3.jpg

Nice! I wish me and @skoechle had your woodworking skills.  Our stands/stand planning are always a hot mess. lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
2 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Nice! I wish me and @skoechle had your woodworking skills.  Our stands/stand planning are always a hot mess. lol  

LOL. I had help. It's pretty basic though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Weetabix7
22 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

 

Thank you. I feel like the scape still needs some tweaking though

 

Really?

I think once you have corals growing off of that, it's gonna look pretty good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Looks good and like the stand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Boggers

for only having one hand, I think you have a pretty good start!

 

I dig the door to cover the back, but able to open it up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.daa7a512ce5c41ca3b63a55ab043de16.jpg

so this is a preliminary aquascape. I'm trying to recreate what I see when I go diving. I've used a combination of cured rock that I had, and live rock from KP aquatics. Would have liked to use all live rock, but to save a little money I opted to mix it up.

 

The stand is made from Florida Pecky Cypress in keeping with the Florida theme. I Still need to have holes drilled for the electric. I don't have a power strip yet so everything is a mess.

 

Wow, that looks great!  Stand is very nice!

 

57 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

LOL. I had help. It's pretty basic though.

I was going to ask if you built it, er, single-handedly lol. :unsure::lol:

 

(Sorry bad joke, couldn't help myself).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Wow, that looks great!  Stand is very nice!

 

I was going to ask if you built it, er, single-handedly lol. :unsure::lol:

 

(Sorry bad joke, couldn't help myself).

I directed single handedly :D

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

Any body have any ideas as to what this is, if anything? I'm referring to the pink with gray spots.

IMG_3707.thumb.jpg.66ad22520f6e609de7b138d17e1fcc4c.jpgIMG_3706.thumb.jpg.4172e373e7308ac05ea3be0c1fb0160b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mariaface
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Any body have any ideas as to what this is, if anything? I'm referring to the pink with gray spots.

IMG_3707.thumb.jpg.66ad22520f6e609de7b138d17e1fcc4c.jpgIMG_3706.thumb.jpg.4172e373e7308ac05ea3be0c1fb0160b.jpg

Uhm, @holy carp, does that look frustratingly familiar to you?

Share this post


Link to post
lkoechle

I dont know but its cool looking!

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
Just now, Mariaface said:

Uhm, @holy carp, does that look frustratingly familiar to you?

Uh oh, I don't like the tone of that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee

I didn't even notice the baby mangrove at first!! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
holy carp

Fortunately for you, those spots don't quite look like the coralline eating mystery things in my tank.  However, many coral larva root themselves in coralline, so who knows, you could have a pre-populated reef.  Otherwise it could just be how that type of coralline grows. Can you get close-up photos?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
holy carp

Just caught up on the whole thread. 

 

All I have to say is, what a shame.  What a real shame...  This contest was supposed to go for 100 days, but it appears we already have a winner! :lol:

 

Looks really great! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...