SaltCritters.com

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

32 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I thought you did a "thing" last week. I have a vision in my head, but putting it to fruition is a whole other thing. And I keep debating between live rock and cured rock. Thought about dry rock, but that takes a long time to cycle, but it's easier to create the aqua-scape outside the tank...see, there I go again:o

Just now, Coral_chef said:

That's what I thought too.

I did but plans change.  I dont know what I am going to do with the 'thing'. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mariaface said:

I mean, if you got dry rock and picked up a bottle of Microbacter and just had at it... :P  

I had great success with Fritzyme9  week long cycle with ammonia and dry rock.  pretty awesome stuff.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Mariaface said:

I mean, if you got dry rock and picked up a bottle of Microbacter and just had at it... :P  

1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

I had great success with Fritzyme9  week long cycle with ammonia and dry rock.  pretty awesome stuff.

I think the Microbacter may be a little week as you can add a bunch to the tank and not hurt it. Great stuff but I have pored half a bottle into a 10 gallon just to try and get things going.

I have never tried the Fritzyme9 stuff but have used Dr Tims and the Bio Spira. I dosed ammonia with both and the cycle was not long at all. Each time was with dry rock. Reefcleaners once and Pukani the other. I think the Pukani was a bit longer as it had a lot more dead organic material on it.

• Like 2

:(  Whats going on in hialeah?  aside from the obvious (it being hialeah) what operating conditions? 

I have only had that on massove snow days in denver.

Just now, lkoechle said:

:(  Whats going on in hialeah?  aside from the obvious (it being hialeah) what operating conditions? 

I have only had that on massove snow days in denver.

I have no idea. We had a little storm here yesterday, but I haven't heard of any damage anywhere because of it. It's just stuff, sand, heater, netting for top...Don't need it yet so not really a big deal. But still when you're expecting something and then it;s not coming...

• Like 2

I had a 3-day delivery delay due to "weather conditions" after a snow storm....even though all the roads were plowed and clear.  Every day it would say out for delivery, every night it said delivery delayed.  Annoying. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I have no idea. We had a little storm here yesterday, but I haven't heard of any damage anywhere because of it. It's just stuff, sand, heater, netting for top...Don't need it yet so not really a big deal. But still when you're expecting something and then it;s not coming...

so just being hialeah then... lol

• Like 1
ReefWeeds
On 4/23/2017 at 7:12 PM, lkoechle said:

mangroves take a while to grow.  Whats his face's tank is amazing and he's been growing his mangroves for several months now.

You can be super duper ambitious and beat all of us by doing a dwarf pony tank.  Thats a florida biotope :P

:lol:  What's his face's tank cracked me up.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, stellablue said:

:lol:  What's his face's tank cracked me up.

especially because I don't even know what his face actually looks like. lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Leak testing the tank and running the pump. I don't notice it being overly loud. maybe at night when its quite in the house

Whats the fun of leak testing :blink: I am about deaf from work and who knows what as a kid..........but still heard the one in my 20 :lol: Hopefully the one I get will be quiet......but if not I actually have the same pump already from a nuvo 10 I had. Its a mixing pump now and good and broken in.

• Like 2

Well dang look who already has a fancy base for the tank :lol: I am debating building a stand for mine.......the table just doesn't work for a peninsula.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

So we're wet!  Not gonna lie, my KP rock doesn't come close to S&LKoechle's. jealous. IMG_3700.thumb.jpg.c6d402ae20cdbe191aaad13f680f5455.jpg

Some kind of urchin. not sure if it's alive or not

More pics and details please!!!

• Like 2

I seemed to have reached my limit on uploading pictures. How is that possible, I hardly post anything?

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

More pics and details please!!!

I'm trying!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Schrodinger's urchin... 

My mystery snail is named schrodinger because the sales lady said "Maybe he's dead, maybe he's not" :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021