inTank Media Baskets

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

I'm loving all the pictures of your new acquisitions. I hope they are all adjusting well! Those blue Caribbean zoanthids are some of my favorites, and I am sure they are going to look gorgeous in your tank. Especially after you get that sweet new Nanobox installed! 😊

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice!  New light day!  FTS with new light?

I've just ordered a couple of things from KPA, so I'm going to wait until I get everything in and post a full shot. I'm also having a hard time figuring out where the driver and cords are going to go. There is not a whole lot of room in the little end compartment of this stand.

19 minutes ago, seabass said:
Image result for dance gif

What'd ya get?
Product Quantity Price
Subtotal: $153.00
Shipping: $40.00 via Live Fish Express (Shipping Mo & Tue)
Tax: $11.48
Payment method: Paypal or Credit Card
Total:
Pygmy Angel 1 $20.00
Angular Sea Whip - Purple - Nano 1 $10.00
Yellow Sea Whip - Nano 1 $10.00
Anemone Shrimp, Pederson 1 $14.00
Ninja Star Snails 12 $27.00
Zebra Stripe Turbo Snail - Cittarium pica 2 $4.00
Cerith Snail - 25 Lot 1 $22.50
Chaetomorpha algae 1 $7.00
Corky Sea Finger - Medium 1 $19.00
Sail Fin Blenny 1 $19.50
  • Like 5
  • Wow 3

want to add some more macros back in, but didn't want to go too crazy on spending. following @Tigahboy's journal has inspired me to dedicate a little more energy to this tank. Just wen back and reread most of my journal. It really was something in it's glory days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, seabass said:

Wow!  That's exciting.  I'm a little jelly.

Yeah, I had one before but she got eaten the first couple of days I put her in the tank. The guilty crab has since been removed from the tank, so hopefully I have better luck with this one

Can't wait to see the new livestock! Those sailfin blennies are adorable, and I've always wanted a cherub angel too but am afraid that it would just go to town on all of my macroalgae. 😅

Hopefully some better pictures later, but all 3 seem to be adjusting to their new quarantine home. Stinky, the sailfin blenny has declared a hole in the live rock his. But that piece actually came out of my 29 and was planning to put it back after quarantine. I'll probably have to figure out a way to fit it into this tank so as to make the transition easier.  Still need to work on the new gorgonians.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, seabass said:

I figured you'd get yours today.  My order isn't coming until tomorrow.  I'm anxious to see your new gorgonians.

yeah, I had to overnight mine because of the fish. Gorgs are pretty. Probably won't get them mounted until Saturday or Sunday though.

• Like 1

Yep!  I get a little nervous about 2 day shipping, but the weather forecast was nice and cool and they know what will do well in 2 day shipping.  The only thing noteworthy was the astrea snails' water was a little dark.  However, everything was in great shape (no losses).  They included more snails, multiple polyp zoas (when I ordered singles), and two tree sponges (versus just the one that I ordered).  I'm very happy.  This weekend I'll have to post some pics in my Caribbean themed 40B.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, seabass said:

They included more snails, multiple polyp zoas (when I ordered singles), and two tree sponges (versus just the one that I ordered).  I'm very happy

Yep, Philip is great and always includes extras. I got an extra yellow sea whip and several extra snails.

• Like 1

Gorgs placed and glued in. Wish I had purchased more. 

Front view- Loving the corky!

_7140073.thumb.jpeg.3e4fb63bf406369a7f32591f94f91302.jpeg

Kitchen view. I have since moved the powerhead to the other end of the tank. Need to work on hiding some cords.

_7140075.thumb.jpeg.19eb1de586d5be5250925ac7668e9f83.jpeg

Dinky eating from a feeding syringe 

IMG_0163.thumb.jpeg.550fd05a4d5e9a2881e52e8d6bddf0ec.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Looks great! That corky finger really is impressive. Makes me want to get one.

I also have one of those sailfin blennies, and every time I stick my feeding pipette in the tank he comes over and starts nipping at the end of it. Definitely a very personable fish.

Is that chaeto in the back there?

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021