Coral Vue Hydros

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

@Pjanssen How are you holding up?   I hope you are safe and well.  Hope the tanks made it through and your home.  Let us know if you need anything! 

Thanks Leah. All good here. Some yard and pool clean up, and a few shingle from the roof gone. How was NW Atlanta?

• Like 6
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Thanks Leah. All good here. Some yard and pool clean up, and a few shingle from the roof gone. How was NW Atlanta?

easy peasy.  It had pretty much broken up by the time it got over here.  I was actually 2 hours north of atlanta.  When driving through atlanta today (nightmarish) tons of lights out and several trees down. but it looks like that was biggest threat.  

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

easy peasy.  It had pretty much broken up by the time it got over here.  I was actually 2 hours north of atlanta.  When driving through atlanta today (nightmarish) tons of lights out and several trees down. but it looks like that was biggest threat.  

How was your home in Jacksonville?Mom and tanks all okay?

Just want to put this here because it's part of this tank. Sorry to those that might be bothered by a double post:lol:

36981974562_25dcafb03d_z.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How was your home in Jacksonville?Mom and tanks all okay?

Just want to put this here because it's part of this tank. Sorry to those that might be bothered by a double post:lol:

36981974562_25dcafb03d_z.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

She says its all fine. So as far as we know. lol   We wont get hime until 11 or so, so we wont be able to see anything until tomorrow.  I know everything is going to be mad becayse they havent been fed in  5 days or so.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Felicia said:

I'm glad to hear you made it through Irma without any major damage!  How did this tank end up doing?  How long did your power end up being out?

This tank is doing fine, Thanks. Power went out around 1PM on Saturday, but we hooked the generator up around 6AM Sunday so not too long without power. 

Just a couple of quick updates on this tank. Not much has changed. I switched out my power strip with one that turns each plug off independently so that the tank sitter can turn the pump off easily when feeding. I switched out the Hydor pico powerhead to a Koralia nano.

The Orange tree gorgonian has new growth.

37441471991_18a41c8e4e_c.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

I definitely have some kind of rock boring creature. This rock is almost half of what it started out to be

37184491370_92d554e54f_c.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

• Like 8

Looking great!  You are braver than me, I love the NPS gorgs but never pulled the trigger on one.  I am quite capable of killing the easy ones so I figured I better stay away from the NPS ones.

• Haha 3
30 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Looking great!  You are braver than me, I love the NPS gorgs but never pulled the trigger on one.  I am quite capable of killing the easy ones so I figured I better stay away from the NPS ones.

This coming from the girl who has ponies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

This coming from the girl who has ponies

Ya got a point there, I guess we are all risk takers in this hobby some way or another.

• Like 1

Looks like something got to the eggs. There are only 2-3 left :(. I'm surprised she played them on the glass like that, everything I've read says the generally lay them on the underside of a shell or in a hole in the rocks.

• Sad 2
Thunder Goose

You must be doing something right - an NPS gorgonian growing and gobies breeding! Awesome! 

Did you ever figure out what's boring through your rock? Urchin hitchhiker?

1 minute ago, Thunder Goose said:

Did you ever figure out what's boring through your rock? Urchin hitchhiker?

IDK, There is a pencil urchin in there that I guess could be doing it. Seems to have slowed down a bit now, so maybe whatever it has has the rock built just the way he likes it!

If the gobies are anything like my mated pair of clowns, they will mate and lay eggs again.  My clowns mated monthly for years and were still mating when I rehomed them.

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021