SaltCritters.com

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Now that some of the rock has been removed, I came across this.

36142930574_99388c733d.jpgIdentify by Penny, on Flickr

Anybody know what it is?

Ever see aliens :o remember what came out of those eggs :lol:

I would say tunicate also.......nothing going to jump out of them although it would be cool wouldn't it :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

What's a tunicate :lol:

tu·ni·cate
[ too-ni-kit, -keyt, tyoo-]
NOUN
Zoology. any sessile marine chordate of the subphylum Tunicata (Urochordata), having a saclike body enclosed in a thick membrane or tunic and two openings or siphons for the ingress and egress of water.
ADJECTIVE
(especially of the Tunicata) having a tunic or covering.
of or relating to the tunicates.
Botany. having or consisting of a series of concentric layers, as a bulb.

you asked :lol:
6 minutes ago, spectra said:
tu·ni·cate
[ too-ni-kit, -keyt, tyoo-]

NOUN
Zoology. any sessile marine chordate of the subphylum Tunicata (Urochordata), having a saclike body enclosed in a thick membrane or tunic and two openings or siphons for the ingress and egress of water.
ADJECTIVE
(especially of the Tunicata) having a tunic or covering.
of or relating to the tunicates.
Botany. having or consisting of a series of concentric layers, as a bulb.

you asked :lol:

:lol: are you sure we're talking about the mystery object in my tank?

2 hours ago, Felicia said:

Yep, appears to be tunicates.

I agree, but the almost perfect linear line of them made me look again.  In a way it looks like how eggs might be laid.  Sort of like little broken egg sacs.  But still most likely tunicates.  They look pretty similar to the ones in the link you provided.

5 hours ago, spectra said:

Ever see aliens :o remember what came out of those eggs :lol:

That's what I was thinking when I saw it too. :scarry:

tenor.gif

You don't have any pods in there that look like this, do you?

alien.gif

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, seabass said:

I agree, but the almost perfect linear line of them made me look again.  In a way it looks like how eggs might be laid.  Sort of like little broken egg sacs.  But still most likely tunicates.  They look pretty similar to the ones in the link you provided.

That's what I was thinking when I saw it too. :scarry:

tenor.gif

You don't have any pods in there that look like this, do you?

alien.gif

I hate this movie.:scarry: Thanks for the upcoming nightmares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Reefer's,

God Bless those of us who are preparing. and Penny, I know your close to this thing is coming your way.

When you have a power outage... How do you secure your Tanks?

Thanks

Michael in Myrtle

1 hour ago, Myrtle Beach said:

Hi Reefer's,

God Bless those of us who are preparing. and Penny, I know your close to this thing is coming your way.

Thanks

Michael in Myrtle

Michael, one of the quickest and easiest things to do is grab a battery operated air pump and extra batteries.  Plus water if you can find it to have extra.  But definitely the air pump, preferably one per tank.

15 hours ago, Myrtle Beach said:

Hi Reefer's,

Thanks

Michael in Myrtle

This is the first time I'll have 2 tanks running. The 29 has priority for the generator. The 14 will hopefully have an air pump if I can track down some C batteries, and frozen water bottles. Ugh! IRMA

• Like 2

It is so eeeriie up here.. The beach is calm as a mill pond, and the moon is so bright. To think what is coming your way..

I had water damage last year from Matthew, sad thing is I'm on the 17th floor ...lol  (power went off and when it can

back on it pumped up 17 flights and popped the toliet values... I evacuated to Charlotte, so I didnt know til Maintenance

called me and told me,) ~~~~ I dont know why I said that... lol

As for Battery pumps, I didnt know if my measly little corals would survive or my Zebra Gobie.

So off to the LPS....

Penny--- God bless, your in our prayers.... Be safe, Rum makes me do silly stuff  lol

Thanks Reefers

Michael in Myrtle

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Myrtle Beach said:

It is so eeeriie up here.. The beach is calm as a mill pond, and the moon is so bright. To think what is coming your way..

I had water damage last year from Matthew, sad thing is I'm on the 17th floor ...lol  (power went off and when it can

back on it pumped up 17 flights and popped the toliet values... I evacuated to Charlotte, so I didnt know til Maintenance

called me and told me,) ~~~~ I dont know why I said that... lol

As for Battery pumps, I didnt know if my measly little corals would survive or my Zebra Gobie.

So off to the LPS....

Penny--- God bless, your in our prayers.... Be safe, Rum makes me do silly stuff  lol

Thanks Reefers

Michael in Myrtle

Ha, I lived in the fifth floor of the dorm in college so imagine my surprise when my roommate called to tell me we had flooding!  The big a/c unit just across the hallway had broken and flooded our part of the floor.  I joked that apparently you can stop a Trane. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Pjanssen ARE YOU READY FOR THIS PUTA?!

image.gif?w=400&c=1

Seriously.  Final countdown.  Praying a good dry weekend for you.  My mom is making a break for Jacksonville tonight and she is riding it out at my house which seems like the safest out of our Florida options. Our 6 hour drive took 11 hours with traffic so I told her to stay at my house instead of risking getting caught in traffic trying to go further north. I am pretty sure she will be good there. and free tank sitter! woot! lol

Seriously, hope yall stay safe and dont experience any major damage.  And I will to not piss off my step mother Irma any more... So sorry.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, lkoechle said:

@Pjanssen ARE YOU READY FOR THIS PUTA?!

image.gif?w=400&c=1

Seriously.  Final countdown.  Praying a good dry weekend for you.  My mom is making a break for Jacksonville tonight and she is riding it out at my house which seems like the safest out of our Florida options. Our 6 hour drive took 11 hours with traffic so I told her to stay at my house instead of risking getting caught in traffic trying to go further north. I am pretty sure she will be good there. and free tank sitter! woot! lol

Seriously, hope yall stay safe and dont experience any major damage.  And I will to not piss off my step mother Irma any more... So sorry.

We're ready as we're going to be. Looks like it's pushing west of us now. Atlanta just might get hit harder than us. Where is your mom coming from. Hope she stays safe and takes good care of all the fishies.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

We're ready as we're going to be. Looks like it's pushing west of us now. Atlanta just might get hit harder than us. Where is your mom coming from. Hope she stays safe and takes good care of all the fishies.

right?  I am two hours northwest of atlanta.  Looks like its weakening a bit though by the time it gets up here.  She is coming from DeLand. So smack dab between Daytona and Orlando.  she is leaving tomorrow morning.  I hope it isnt too late.  I warned her about traffic.  We did 11 miles in an hour yesterday.   It could turn her two hour drive to a 4 to 6 hour drive.  Ours went from 6 to 11 hours. o.O But she knows all the back roads so she is aiming on staying off the highways.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

right?  I am two hours northwest of atlanta.  Looks like its weakening a bit though by the time it gets up here.  She is coming from DeLand. So smack dab between Daytona and Orlando.  she is leaving tomorrow morning.  I hope it isnt too late.  I warned her about traffic.  We did 11 miles in an hour yesterday.   It could turn her two hour drive to a 4 to 6 hour drive.  Ours went from 6 to 11 hours. o.O But she knows all the back roads so she is aiming on staying off the highways.

Deland... wow old memories... I started my Swimming career in Umatilla and Leesburg, I was known as the "Dark Shark" LMAO

It followed me all the way to Calif Irvine and Mission Viejo. Wow.. memories

Penny, God was watching out for your Nano!!!. I hope everyone will be safe!!!

Michael in Myrtle

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021