Thanks Thanks Thanks :happydance:

13 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Agreed, it really does. 

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub:

Awe, shucks :blush:

• Like 2

Looks good. I would try to come up with something more to say... but the baby just dumped goldfish all over the dog. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Looks good. I would try to come up with something more to say... but the baby just dumped goldfish all over the dog. 

:lol:  She loves fishies cuz they're so delicious?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol:  She loves fishies cuz they're so delicious?

Well, my dog is very smart so she sat there with this horrified look on her face like "I know I'm not suppose to eat the baby food but I'm covered in delicious goldfish.  Oh God, what do I do?!"  So, I had to help her out of the situation.  You know, by not giving her any... LOL  We did give her extra play time (like fetch) as a reward, she's very play motivated. :P 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Too funny!  Smart animals are so fun.

She really is.  She's a street dog from Mexico so she's extra smart and extra fun.  When I did a service trip in Guatemala, I was so surprised by how intelligent and instinctively respectful the street dogs were.  So when I saw this scruffy little puppy in a crate at Petco and asked what her story was, I was like "This one, this scruffy one, is mine.  Do not give her to someone else."  @skoechle didn't want another animal at the time because we were getting ready to move and he said "She has to go through another adoption event, and if she doesn't get adopted at the next one, we'll take her and take it as a sign from God" (We were friends with our church pastor and he made a joke about that so it was our running joke)  Well, the next one came and went and I called the rescue about her and she said, "You wont believe this, but the starter went out on our truck, so we didn't go!"  I told my husband it was a sign, and he couldn't argue with that.  lol 

13346977_10208101669072114_2290258780597791113_n.thumb.jpg.ff5985e6dd48ea17f93c2977e9a7cff1.jpg

Scruffy puppy after we adopted her just over a year ago.  She has the same approximate birthday as the baby :D She has been an excellent addition.  This was her being tortured by the kids last night.  (She actually loves it but my husband was reminding her to rein in the excitement, hence the puppy eyes) 

2017-07-07_09-43-01.thumb.jpg.0aa968c4624b022cf888de12c327f40c.jpg

Anyways, back on topic! The tank looks great.  I'm envious and concerned because I both do and do not want that new tank. lol  In my experience with the gorgonians that I have at least, I would def get a second source of flow.  Mine seem to far happier with it.  But then again, we have different species. So... I dunno.  But I always like flow.  I find my betta tank's lack of flow (which there still is, just very little of) disturbing by comparison. :D 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Tank looks great! Does the scallop move often?

Not unless I move it first. It liked to be at the back of the tank

6 hours ago, stellablue said:

So pretty, Penny!!!!!

Thank you

4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Lol. Lucky ? 

19 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Well, my dog is very smart so she sat there with this horrified look on her face like "I know I'm not suppose to eat the baby food but I'm covered in delicious goldfish.  Oh God, what do I do?!"  So, I had to help her out of the situation.  You know, by not giving her any... LOL  We did give her extra play time (like fetch) as a reward, she's very play motivated. :P 

Wow! Neither of my dogs would have waited for permission. One would have inhaled them before I even knew they fell

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Anyways, back on topic! The tank looks great.  I'm envious and concerned because I both do and do not want that new tank. lol  In my experience with the gorgonians that I have at least, I would def get a second source of flow.  Mine seem to far happier with it.  But then again, we have different species. So... I dunno.  But I always like flow.  I find my betta tank's lack of flow (which there still is, just very little of) disturbing by comparison. :D 

I picked up a Koralia Pico, but I'm not sure where to place it. 2 of the rear chambers have a media rack in them and the third has the heater and ATO sensor. I might be able to put it low in the first chamber but not sure what to do with the cord. 

11 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Wow! Neither of my dogs would have waited for permission. One would have inhaled them before I even knew they fell

We did train her to do that. lol She isn't naturally that well behaved.  My goal when I first got her because I could tell how smart she was, was to train her manners immediately.  She learned all of them (sit, down, leave it, "assumed stay" which means she can't leave a given postion until I give a release word aka "free", heel, bed, crate, up and down, and automatic heel on the leash and sit when I stop on the leash) in THREE days o.O

• Like 3
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

We did train her to do that. lol She isn't naturally that well behaved.  My goal when I first got her because I could tell how smart she was, was to train her manners immediately.  She learned all of them (sit, down, leave it, "assumed stay" which means she can't leave a given postion until I give a release word aka "free", heel, bed, up and down, and automatic heel on the leash and sit when I stop on the leash) in THREE days o.O

Wanna come train mine??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

We did train her to do that. lol She isn't naturally that well behaved.  My goal when I first got her because I could tell how smart she was, was to train her manners immediately.  She learned all of them (sit, down, leave it, "assumed stay" which means she can't leave a given postion until I give a release word aka "free", heel, bed, up and down, and automatic heel on the leash and sit when I stop on the leash) in THREE days o.O

Wow!  Smart with strong drive to please?  That is definitely a smart cookie!  Bet she might enjoy agility training or something like that?

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Wanna come train mine??

I do enjoy training animals. :P

24 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Wow!  Smart with strong drive to please?  That is definitely a smart cookie!  Bet she might enjoy agility training or something like that?

A backyard course is on the Christmas list for her and the three year old to do together. lol

• Like 4
fishfreak0114
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

We did train her to do that. lol She isn't naturally that well behaved.  My goal when I first got her because I could tell how smart she was, was to train her manners immediately.  She learned all of them (sit, down, leave it, "assumed stay" which means she can't leave a given postion until I give a release word aka "free", heel, bed, crate, up and down, and automatic heel on the leash and sit when I stop on the leash) in THREE days o.O

Wow that's impressive!  Our yorkie is only able to sit, and usually only willing if there's food involved :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few updates. I did a water change today-I think only the third one I've done. Moved a few things around and cleaned up some of the macros. I'm not convinced that I'm really a fan of all of the macros-If they would just stay put it'd be great, but I'm having a hard time getting most of them rooted. And I think the only thing coral glue (aka expensive super glue) really sticks to is your fingers! Moved my blue Zoanthids to the top of the tank because I felt like they were always really reaching for light. They opened up immediately and seem happy thus far.

35941011872_f4c88318f5_c.jpgTop down shot by Penny, on Flickr

At night under mostly blues they are a really pretty shade of blue, but of course I can't capture it.:angry:

I can't get enough of this guy and am really saddened that his mate is gone :(

35976478951_e84fc137c1_c.jpgTop down shot by Penny, on Flickr

The other colony of Zoanthids is doing well where it is and has several new polyps since I put it in

35941011732_a50b384950_c.jpgTop down shot by Penny, on Flickr

cool shot of the flame scallop. Friend of mine said that at night they emit some kind of illumination across the mantel. I've not witnessed this, but I hope he's right and I see it some time.

35269785864_af59c20002_c.jpgTop down shot by Penny, on Flickr

I want to move this orange gorgonian away from the rock. The putty that I used is too strong and I can't pry it away, especially with limited use of my right hand. Does anybody know if I can cut it at the base and remount it?

35717811320_6274872f51_c.jpgOrange gorgonian by Penny, on Flickr

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Tank looked really pretty when I walked in from work today so I took a quick shot

35403916153_70091e186d_o.jpgUntitled by Penny, on Flickr

WOW, tank is looking GORGEOUS, I really, really love this!!!!

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021