inTank Media Baskets

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

Today starts day 1 of 16 of 12-16 hours a day of work. Was hoping to get water changes done on both tanks this morning but that didn't happen. Hopefully Sunday morning, because that will probably be my last opportunity until Feb 3. I think everything is stable enough this year to handle the upcoming neglect! 🤞

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
On 1/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, Pjanssen said:

Today starts day 1 of 16 of 12-16 hours a day of work. Was hoping to get water changes done on both tanks this morning but that didn't happen. Hopefully Sunday morning, because that will probably be my last opportunity until Feb 3. I think everything is stable enough this year to handle the upcoming neglect! 🤞

I hope so too but like you said, tanks that have had some longevity tend to weather the occasional lapse of attention better than newly set up aquariums.  Best of luck to you!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

one of my feather dusters has dropped it's crown. Should I pull the crown out?

Yeah you can pull the crown out and discard it. That or your clean-up crew will eat it. Just make sure the worm isn't still attached to it! Sometimes they leave their tubes entirely and go elsewhere to build a new one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Managed a water change and tank clean today. This tank is really a PITA! There is so much in there, and not placed very well, that I just kept knocking stuff around while cleaning the glass. I'm trying to visualize a more streamlined scape that I can do so that I can easily go in and clean the glass with out disturbing the gorgs.

I noticed that the corky finger has started to die from the top. hoping a water change will help. hoping to pick up some aminos on the way into work to see if that will help as well.

I added a nano Koralia pump for added flow.

Both feather dusters have dropped their crowns. I'm pretty sure the animals are still in the tubes, as there is some solidity to them. again, hoping a water change will help whatever is ailing them.

Other gorgs are looking ok, as are the ricordea and zoas.

Now off to work-4 more days, then back to normal hours.

• Like 2

Just got home at an unexpected reasonable hour to find the power out all over the neighborhood. Dogs want to go out but I’m not walking through the neighborhood in the dark. Hubby is out of town. Alarm is ringing, telling me there is no power-Duh! Ugh. Should have stayed at work.

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Just got home at an unexpected reasonable hour to find the power out all over the neighborhood. Dogs want to go out but I’m not walking through the neighborhood in the dark. Hubby is out of town. Alarm is ringing, telling me there is no power-Duh! Ugh. Should have stayed at work.

How long has it been out? 

• Like 1

Power finally came back on around 1:15 after about 10 attempts by the power company-on for 10 seconds, then off, each time the alarm system trying to reboot and going haywire. One dog going crazy and barking and growling at every beep. One dog cowering under the covers. Tanks seem fine this morning. I'm guessing power was out for about 3 hours or so.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
47 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

2BEF4DC9-FA22-444B-BEAF-C48EBB5432E1.jpeg.79e567b962a47faf90e8a6e18e8dfbdc.jpeg
don’t know why it uploaded upside down and I can’t flip it, here is the Corky. Any suggestions on saving it?

Mine was the same after the tank transfer.  Good flow and clean water .... it was healed up within the week.  Oh, and keep your power on - that helps! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021