Pod Your Reef

Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021

Pjanssen

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.daa7a512ce5c41ca3b63a55ab043de16.jpg

so this is a preliminary aquascape. I'm trying to recreate what I see when I go diving. I've used a combination of cured rock that I had, and live rock from KP aquatics. Would have liked to use all live rock, but to save a little money I opted to mix it up.

The stand is made from Florida Pecky Cypress in keeping with the Florida theme. I Still need to have holes drilled for the electric. I don't have a power strip yet so everything is a mess.

• Like 11
On 5/6/2017 at 2:25 PM, spectra said:

Whats the fun of leak testing :blink: I am about deaf from work and who knows what as a kid..........but still heard the one in my 20 :lol: Hopefully the one I get will be quiet......but if not I actually have the same pump already from a nuvo 10 I had. Its a mixing pump now and good and broken in.

Yeah, I figure filling it with salt water leak tests it... 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

so this is a preliminary aquascape. I'm trying to recreate what I see when I go diving. I've used a combination of cured rock that I had, and live rock from KP aquatics. Would have liked to use all live rock, but to save a little money I opted to mix it up.

The stand is made from Florida Pecky Cypress in keeping with the Florida theme. I Still need to have holes drilled for the electric. I don't have a power strip yet so everything is a mess.

Oooh, I really like this!!! 

4 minutes ago, stellablue said:

This looks amazing, Penny!! 

2 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

LOVE the stand! And super nice scape!

Thank you. I feel like the scape still needs some tweaking though

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.60df05b8dd0e28cb491ccbba01d0619b.jpg

The other side.

Behind the door will have the power strip. I hope I made it big enough. Also, This is my ATO container.

IMG_3705.thumb.jpg.83be4ee2ba48886e02658e00f68b6ae3.jpg

Nice! I wish me and @skoechle had your woodworking skills.  Our stands/stand planning are always a hot mess. lol  

22 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Thank you. I feel like the scape still needs some tweaking though

Really?

I think once you have corals growing off of that, it's gonna look pretty good.

• Like 2

for only having one hand, I think you have a pretty good start!

I dig the door to cover the back, but able to open it up.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Wow, that looks great!  Stand is very nice!

57 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

LOL. I had help. It's pretty basic though.

I was going to ask if you built it, er, single-handedly lol. :unsure::lol:

(Sorry bad joke, couldn't help myself).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Wow, that looks great!  Stand is very nice!

I was going to ask if you built it, er, single-handedly lol. :unsure::lol:

(Sorry bad joke, couldn't help myself).

I directed single handedly :D

• Like 6
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Any body have any ideas as to what this is, if anything? I'm referring to the pink with gray spots.

IMG_3707.thumb.jpg.66ad22520f6e609de7b138d17e1fcc4c.jpgIMG_3706.thumb.jpg.4172e373e7308ac05ea3be0c1fb0160b.jpg

Uhm, @holy carp, does that look frustratingly familiar to you?

Fortunately for you, those spots don't quite look like the coralline eating mystery things in my tank.  However, many coral larva root themselves in coralline, so who knows, you could have a pre-populated reef.  Otherwise it could just be how that type of coralline grows. Can you get close-up photos?

• Like 2

Just caught up on the whole thread. 

All I have to say is, what a shame.  What a real shame...  This contest was supposed to go for 100 days, but it appears we already have a winner! :lol:

Looks really great! 

• Like 7
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's IM14-Retired 7/18/2021