ReefCleaners.org

Where the Wild Things Are: 100 Days (rezing the thread)

lkoechle

24 minutes ago, William said:

How are you liking the gecko 

I love him. he hates me and is very jumpy but he is still a baby.  I am sure he will mellow out over time.  he isn't fun to watch but he is just so darn cute that I don't care.

• Like 1

You have all my deepest wishes for getting better, getting back on your feet and just being you. If something stresses you - frozen said it best = Let it go. You will feel better because you won't be feeling guilty for neglect. Anytime you need to chat - like for real on the phone, over text, whatever, please reach out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't even have a tank yet, but I'd like to thank you for this thread. As someone who also struggles with anxiety, I applaud you for standing up to one of your stressors, it really is a daily battle.

One of my concerns about stepping into the hobby is inviting unneeded stress into my life due to the level of care required, and with that in mind I'm 100% getting the Autoaqua AWC/ATO system. Have you taken a look at that by chance? It seems like a great way to reduce the maintenance requirements for not much money.

6 hours ago, fulltang said:

I don't even have a tank yet, but I'd like to thank you for this thread. As someone who also struggles with anxiety, I applaud you for standing up to one of your stressors, it really is a daily battle.

One of my concerns about stepping into the hobby is inviting unneeded stress into my life due to the level of care required, and with that in mind I'm 100% getting the Autoaqua AWC/ATO system. Have you taken a look at that by chance? It seems like a great way to reduce the maintenance requirements for not much money.

no I haven't seen that. but I did win the micro smart ato from this contest and it's hands down the best ATO I have ever had.  my concern with the waterchange is forgetting to dump the bucket. But I guess you could set a timer... Def worth looking into. I might look into it too.  The other concern is space requirements for your discharge bucket and new bucket. But if you have the room, that should be fine.   I am looking forward to seeing how you like it!