SaltCritters.com

Where the Wild Things Are: 100 Days (rezing the thread)

lkoechle

MR CLING IS EATING YOU GUYS!

I totally expected him to take off.  But HE ATTACKED. It was crazy.  @skoechle was taking photos at first so we missed the "frenzy" but we did video him eating the last two pieces!

• Like 11
16 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

MR CLING IS EATING YOU GUYS!

I totally expected him to take off.  But HE ATTACKED. It was crazy.  @skoechle was taking photos at first so we missed the "frenzy" but we did video him eating the last two pieces!

Ohmigosh, he is WILD!!!

• Like 3

Since there haven't been any ammonia readings for 5 days, I test nitrites and nitrates to see what else is going on.  Yes, this is the first time I have actually tested. lol  Everything has looked incredibly healthy so I haven't felt any need to check.  But I want to see where the cycle is.

Ammonia- 0

Nitrites- .2

Nitrates- 10

Looks pretty darn good considering I have been feeding organisms this whole time too. From my previous tanks, nitrites should hit 0 tomorrow or the day after.  I am hoping to get my second shipment this week.  So fingers crossed for me to be right!

• Like 7
On 5/13/2017 at 5:00 PM, lkoechle said:

Well, if there's still zero ammonia by Wednesday, I plan on getting the rest by friday hopefully! Then the "big reveal"!

It's making me want to set my 10 back up next to the 14 and just get live rock! So cool. 

Love that little cling fish! 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, stellablue said:

It's making me want to set my 10 back up next to the 14 and just get live rock! So cool. 

Love that little cling fish! 

you totally should I am definitely keeping at least one "natural" reef now.  Its been so fun so far discovering all my little inhabitants.

And, I agree,  Mr. Cling is the bomb.  He came out to eat last night too. So I am thinking his survival chances are looking pretty good. :D 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

you totally should I am definitely keeping at least one "natural" reef now.  Its been so fun so far discovering all my little inhabitants.

And, I agree,  Mr. Cling is the bomb.  He came out to eat last night too. So I am thinking his survival chances are looking pretty good. :D 

I ordered feeder shrimp from the guy Vangel gets them from and they came with a little hitchhiker goby! I didn't think he had much chances for survival, but almost a year later, he's doing great and currently resides in my macro tank :) he's also doubled in size! I named him Free Willy since he was free lol 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I ordered feeder shrimp from the guy Vangel gets them from and they came with a little hitchhiker goby! I didn't think he had much chances for survival, but almost a year later, he's doing great and currently resides in my macro tank :) he's also doubled in size! I named him Free Willy since he was free lol 

cool! what kind of goby?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

cool! what kind of goby?

You know, I really don't know. I'll have to get a photo. I haven't been able to identify him 

• Like 1

I was feeding the corals today and Mr. Cling made a rare daytime appearance.  

I got a better video of him. :D  I dunno, but I think he's a fat little fish.  lol

Took some photos of other critters.  I made a discovery on the backside of the rock (which faces the mirror and I can only see by looking at the mirror).

34549236281_4c07e18c55_c.jpg

Two Tunicate colonies, or at least I think that's what they are.

34638918616_ede2af2a25_c.jpg

Porcelain Crab because they are adorable.  I seriously love these guys. so cute!

34549212061_da9e5986cd_c.jpg

Some kind of anemone

34549218601_46956db70c_c.jpg

Pretty white sponge thing.  It looks like a doily lol

34549222911_da40518fdc_c.jpg

I think this is called a chicken liver sponge.  But I'm not sure.

33837212794_685b5ba91e_c.jpg

So, I find this feather duster creepy because it does remind you its a worm.  and worms freak me out (you can see two little antennae in the center)

34549232451_eed35968b1_c.jpg

Not creepy feather duster.

34294717350_52024076e8_c.jpg

The Amazing Mr. Cling.

And I do plan on identifying everything... Which is a daunting task...  Hours of entertainment for me though. lol

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Honestly. When are you revealing the vendor.

Second shipment.  Which I will call for when the nitrites hit 0  so hopefully this week. :)  Trust me, I am as anxious as you.  I want my mantis shrimp. lol  And I want to re-do my first post which will be a massive write-up (SPOILER TAGS EVERYWHERE!) with all of my research and stuff. I'm tired of having it sitting in a word doc.  But I can't do that either until the second shipment ( @skoechle says it gives too much away) .  Hopefully this week :D  If my nitrites are zero tomorrow, I'll call him and maybe it can be here before the weekend.  I don't know if he already has my stuff in holding tanks (I know he has my mantis) or if he needs to go diving.  So it will really depend on that and then diving weather.

• Like 4

Tunicate is correct, I had some for 6 months before they were all dead/eaten.  I really dig the clingfish and that fact it took to food so fast.

• Like 4

@Mariaface e-mailed for my second shipment this morning :D  Haven't heard back from him yet though. Fingers crossed its this week!  I wanted everything in time for Week 2's FTS fingerscrossed

• Like 4

Friday's the D-Day (delivery day) :D  No promises for pics though because that's the "big reveal"  post.  But DEFINITELY Saturday :D 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Friday's the D-Day (delivery day) :D  No promises for pics though because that's the "big reveal"  post.  But DEFINITELY Saturday :D 

omgomgomg:ninja::happydance:B):D

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jedimasterben said:

Clingopus rex.

trying to be clever? 

:P

Tbh, I did google that first. lol

• Like 4

Cycle is complete :D

Nitrites are 0 and Nitrates 15.  I am probably going to do a small (2g) water change to bring them below 10 and cal it good for friday!

• Like 6