Cultivated Reef

Mariaface's Contest Tank?!

Mariaface

2 hours ago, metrokat said:

:wub:

Fully stocked, am I right? :P  

It's gonna be a busy weekend... Rocks and sand go in the tank (and then an at-home gel manicure) tomorrow, date Friday, doctor's appointment and the best friend's place Saturday... 

So it looks like Sunday will be the aquarium day? Can't wait!

• Like 6
Just now, spectra said:

Manicure :rolleyes: hell just fill the tank and be done with it...........:) 

It's bed time! :P I suspect between work and tank-filling I'll be breaking another nail or two; I can't leave them like that for Friday!

• Like 2
Just now, Mariaface said:

It's bed time! :P I suspect between work and tank-filling I'll be breaking another nail or two; I can't leave them like that for Friday!

Well I have man hands :o if I break a nail one less I need to trim :lol:

I should go to bed to but had to crack another beer............couldn't let the lime go to waste ;)

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Mariaface said:

Jamberry and then put gloves on.  No chipping with jamberries.  I can fish, ride (horses), and do tank stuff without damaging my nails.  I wear gloves while doing all those activities but my gel manicures still tend to chip despite that

The Jamberries stay in place though.  Find someone who sells them.  Almost every girl knows someone.

• Like 3
On 5/2/2017 at 10:26 PM, lkoechle said:

I hope everyone's keeping a list of what they were doing and now they're not. lol I know I am.  I mean, aside from super secret final plan, you can just read my thread :P

I seriously have no idea what's going in my tank yet. Oh boy. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, spectra said:

Well I have man hands :o if I break a nail one less I need to trim :lol:

I should go to bed to but had to crack another beer............couldn't let the lime go to waste ;)

I have man hands too.  Oh well :lol:  Between painting, reef tanks and gardening, there's no nice manicure here.  Post up the manicure photos, Maria!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I have man hands too.  Oh well :lol:  Between painting, reef tanks and gardening, there's no nice manicure here.  Post up the manicure photos, Maria!

I'll do my best! In my defense, it's the first time I mess with gel polish and I just broke a couple of nails yesterday? :P I'll try to keep my left hand intact for you guys :wub:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

And add a pedi picture for @kimberbee

Just now, kimberbee said:

I was all excited to have been summoned here and then... :wacko:

How about I avoid traumatizing the poor Kimberbee :P  

Or maybe I'll post them anyway! Don't worry, they're totally normal feet! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, spectra said:

All this nail talk and no water yet :rolleyes:

I just filled it!! Doing nails while the water clears up :P Or hopefully clears up..

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I just filled it!! Doing nails while the water clears up :P Or hopefully clears up..

Pics or its a lie :lol: 

I am ready to crash.............seems when I get on everyone is gone..............work sucks..............

• Like 6
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Pics or its a lie :lol: 

I am ready to crash.............seems when I get on everyone is gone..............work sucks..............

Alright, alright!

And while I'm at it..

I did my own gel nails! Only somewhat messily! For the first time ever!

Wv4Edzd.jpg

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Alright, alright!

And while I'm at it..

I did my own gel nails! Only somewhat messily! For the first time ever!

Wv4Edzd.jpg

Well the color matches the tank :o 

Light looks a little high on one end also ;) 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Maria that olive green is a nice color, I may have to try it. Once I am done with my ferrari red that it. I'm never done with it though. It's sassy.

Tank is wet

omgomgomg

It's actually a lot brighter green than you'd expect :P If you google OPI's 'I'm Sooo Swamped!' you'll see. Date picked it out :blush:

Tank is extra wet, there's an inTank media basket in there! :) Using the polyfilter floss so far; water was clear this morning but I had to run.

• Like 1

Okay, then!

I think from now on I'll use @lkoechle's secret rock/sand person, because this white slime bacteria is going to follow me throughout this house. I can't stop everyone else from using air fresheners and household cleaners, but I've managed to control the nutrient levels in the Fusion 20 so that it hasn't come back.

On the other hand, the contest tank has plenty of stuff dying to fuel the issue! :furious: The ammonia badge shows nothing, of course. I'm getting phosphates and organics under control the best I can and there will be close-ups soon as the slime clears up!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Okay, then!

I think from now on I'll use @lkoechle's secret rock/sand person, because this white slime bacteria is going to follow me throughout this house. I can't stop everyone else from using air fresheners and household cleaners, but I've managed to control the nutrient levels in the Fusion 20 so that it hasn't come back.

On the other hand, the contest tank has plenty of stuff dying to fuel the issue! :furious: The ammonia badge shows nothing, of course. I'm getting phosphates and organics under control the best I can and there will be close-ups soon as the slime clears up!

Come to think of it, my QT had a white slime out break.  I think it was plastics in the hidey holes that caused it.  But I never was able to figure out what caused it :-/  No aerosols in my house either.  You have me nervous about the badge since I don't have an ammonia test kit except the badge. lol  But my badges have always worked... and so far everything's still alive. so... I guess its working for me.  I figure if it isn't, the porcelain crabs and Mr Cling would be dead by now...

• Like 1