Coral Vue Hydros

Mariaface's Contest Tank?!

Mariaface

Just now, SeaFurn said:

And I changed my mind as to what I'm doing today....well, maybe it's more a slight modification. 

It's hard when you've never even done this before! 

I hope everyone's keeping a list of what they were doing and now they're not. lol I know I am.  I mean, aside from super secret final plan, you can just read my thread :P

• Like 2
Mariaface
1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

And I changed my mind as to what I'm doing today....well, maybe it's more a slight modification. 

It's hard when you've never even done this before! 

You've got this!!

Just now, lkoechle said:

I hope everyone's keeping a list of what they were doing and now they're not. lol I know I am.  I mean, aside from super secret final plan, you can just read my thread :P

I know what I'm doing, but only vaguely and only in my head :P Should be decently simple, though!

• Like 2

I've got pages of ideas, sketches, lists, web page book marks....it's ridic. Let's just get started already so I can make up my mind once and for all!!

• Like 2
Mariaface
1 minute ago, Coral_chef said:

I just have a piece of recipt paper with a sketch on it, lol

Hey, I sketched on a post-it at work! I think my idea needs a bit more... height. Hmm. Maybe my own magnetic Kat-dong? :P

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

I just have a piece of recipt paper with a sketch on it, lol

That sketch still have a mandarin in it? 

16 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

Hey, I sketched on a post-it at work! I think my idea needs a bit more... height. Hmm. Maybe my own magnetic Kat-dong? :P

And on that - I'm out! 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

:o 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I've got pages of ideas, sketches, lists, web page book marks....it's ridic. Let's just get started already so I can make up my mind once and for all!!

right? this may 10th thing is killing me... All I'm thinking is "if we don't start soon, someone else is going to have the same idea as me."

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

:o 

I think someone else is also drinking the vodka tonight... @Mariaface

• Like 5
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

right? this may 10th thing is killing me... All I'm thinking is "if we don't start soon, someone else is going to have the same idea as me."

Same idea.............hell its a glass box that holds water :lol: not much you can do with it remember.............toss in some sand, rock and a few fish........

• Like 4
Just now, spectra said:

Same idea.............hell its a glass box that holds water :lol: not much you can do with it remember.............toss in some sand, rock and a few fish........

darn it!!!!  ...What abour a dry tank?  Don't think thats been done successfully yet! :P

• Like 3
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

darn it!!!!  ...What abour a dry tank?  Don't think thats been done successfully yet! :P

Cut out some cardboard corals............a few clownfish stickers from InTank...........there you go..........

• Like 1
Just now, spectra said:

Cut out some cardboard corals............a few clownfish stickers from InTank...........there you go..........

I actually have two sitting on my work desk right now. lol

• Like 1
Just now, lkoechle said:

Your half way there ;)

• Like 1
Mariaface
7 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Oh man. I have the little green acrylic cut-out circles sitting in my desk somewhere... Clown stickers. The L-C octopus sticker... 

51 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

*snickers*

• Like 1
Coral_chef
39 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

That sketch still have a mandarin in it? 

And on that - I'm out! 

Yes a very well drawn one lol

8 hours ago, lkoechle said:

you have rocks. and youre cycling.  i dont.  and @Pjanssen claims she doesn't even know what she's doing yet. lol

I know what I'm doing, just not what kind of rocks I want to use. Heading to KPA on sunday

• Like 2
Weetabix7
9 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I know what I'm doing, just not what kind of rocks I want to use. Heading to KPA on sunday

You can shop at KPA in person???

So jelly. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

You can shop at KPA in person???

So jelly. 

Yeah. He's about 2 hours away. He doesn't really have a store front, but said he would meet me there. His boat is broken though so he hasn't been able to go out and gather more rocks and he's not sure what he has in stock. Hopefully It's not a waste of 4 hours driving.

• Like 2
Weetabix7
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Yeah. He's about 2 hours away. He doesn't really have a store front, but said he would meet me there. His boat is broken though so he hasn't been able to go out and gather more rocks and he's not sure what he has in stock. Hopefully It's not a waste of 4 hours driving.

They have SUCH good stuff, I have a hard time imagining that being a waste, even without new stuff in, especially since you can hand-pick.

• Like 3
Weetabix7
Just now, Coral_chef said:

What's kpa?

KP Aquatics, one of my absolute favorite vendors ever. www.kpaquatics.com

• Like 6
Just now, Weetabix7 said:

KP Aquatics, one of my absolute favorite vendors ever. www.kpaquatics.com

its where ben got that adorbable mantis.

• Like 4

0V37k4q.jpg

I'm planning on filling it back up tomorrow, and getting the rocks in there :) Along with sand. Sand for this build.

• Like 7