ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

3 hours ago, mrmikekim said:

so...i tore my achilles and my surgery is scheduled in the upcoming weeks.  i plan on staying in the contest but may be MIA for a while...sorry!

Sorry to hear this. Good luck with the surgery. You'll be joining me on the injured reserve list!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mrmikekim said:

so...i tore my achilles and my surgery is scheduled in the upcoming weeks.  i plan on staying in the contest but may be MIA for a while...sorry!

Eek!  That's no fun!

I just like to say that everyone is doing an awesome job.  Not everyone's skills, goals, budgets, available time, or vendors are the same, but you all are representing Nano-Reef.com proud.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 9

Hopefully everyone is having a good time!

Hell am busy and tank is well just getting by...............I need to trim a few macros but other than that things are going well. Only one water change since it started :lol: saltwater has been in the garage for a month now brewing..............

• Like 5
11 hours ago, spectra said:

Hopefully everyone is having a good time!

Hell am busy and tank is well just getting by...............I need to trim a few macros but other than that things are going well. Only one water change since it started :lol: saltwater has been in the garage for a month now brewing..............

Same here ?

• Like 1
coralcousins

So who's still participating? I've noticed that not to many contestants post on the FTS thread each week.     

Roll Call!

• Like 4
Coral_chef
On 7/2/2017 at 5:27 PM, coralcousins said:

So who's still participating? I've noticed that not to many contestants post on the FTS thread each week.     

Roll Call!

Just been busy but still here 

So, I had a dream last night that my tank looked like @Mariaface's tank with bacteria of doom and was doing @SeaFurn's idea with the accompanying dying rfa issues. 

It was not a fun dream.  i think I was dreaming about tanks because I have the QT set up in my bedroom right now for my new Picasso I am picking up tomorrow for the 25.

IMG_20170703_141527.thumb.jpg.0f3f1b8e3db1d581c9196c81e5d59222.jpg

:wub:

@coralcousins I post every week ;)

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

I'm not even gonna take offense to this, @lkoechle :P The bacteria's gone, and I'm putting it behind me!  

I dony mean any offense. :flower: I am just saying your bacteria is literally the thing of a reefer's nightmare :lol:

• Like 4

I have a recurring dream where I've forgotten about a tank for a long time.  The fish haven't been fed in months and the evaporation has lowered the water level.  But usually, there is still one or more fish alive in it.  I'm shocked to find it, and I feed the tank immediately. :wacko:

Another one is that one or more sides of a tank are missing.  However, somehow the water remains in the confines of where the walls should be, via surface tension.  I know if I break the surface tension, then all of the water will collapse out of the tank (and I worry that a fish might break the tension and do the same). :scarry:

When I was younger, I used to dream that some of the fish were able to swim out of the water (sort of like flying).  Some of them would perch on something out of the water, and then decide to go back into the tank.  I was always afraid that they wouldn't find their way back.  Luckily, I haven't had that one in awhile.  Funny, I can't remember many good dreams about fish. :lol:

Occasionally I dream that I find coral growing outside of a tank.  I think to myself that I should put some of that in my tank. :unsure:

• Like 8
fishfreak0114

I once had a dream that I was in Hawaii, and I was attempting to collect gorgonians from gorgonian bushes on the side of the road.  Usually my dreams aren't that fun though. Mostly I dream about all my fish having weird diseases that I can't cure, not even by pooring something weird like chicken noodle soup in the tank. 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

Haha, I might need to plant me some of those gorgonian bushes. :)  Can you only find them in Hawaii?

:lol:

3 hours ago, lkoechle said:

So, I had a dream last night that my tank looked like @Mariaface's tank with bacteria of doom and was doing @SeaFurn's idea with the accompanying dying rfa issues. 

It was not a fun dream.  i think I was dreaming about tanks because I have the QT set up in my bedroom right now for my new Picasso I am picking up tomorrow for the 25.

That's a nightmare for sure! 

About two weeks ago I had one where the RFA's were literally melting 1 right after another...and there seemed to be an endless number of them of them - way more than I have - and it just kept going on and on. It was torture! 

I knew it was dream as it was going on but I couldn't get myself to wake up so I just kept doing water change after water change after water change. It was horrible. I woke up exhausted. 

• Like 4
On July 2, 2017 at 6:27 PM, coralcousins said:

Roll Call!

I'm still here. I try to post on the FTS thread every week. Sometimes I think I forget and just put it on my own thread.

3 hours ago, lkoechle said:

IMG_20170703_141527.thumb.jpg.0f3f1b8e3db1d581c9196c81e5d59222.jpg

:wub:

@coralcousins I post every week ;)

2 hours ago, seabass said:

I have a recurring dream where I've forgotten about a tank for a long time.  The fish haven't been fed in months and the evaporation has lowered the water level.  But usually, there is still one or more fish alive in it.  I'm shocked to find it, and I feed the tank immediately. :wacko:

Another one is that one or more sides of a tank are missing.  However, somehow the water remains in the confines of where the walls should be, via surface tension.  I know if I break the surface tension, then all of the water will collapse out of the tank (and I worry that a fish might break the tension and do the same). :scarry:

When I was younger, I used to dream that some of the fish were able to swim out of the water (sort of like flying).  Some of them would perch on something out of the water, and then decide to go back into the tank.  I was always afraid that they wouldn't find their way back.  Luckily, I haven't had that one in awhile.  Funny, I can't remember many good dreams about fish. :lol:

Occasionally I dream that I find coral growing outside of a tank.  I think to myself that I should put some of that in my tank. :unsure:

39 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I once had a dream that I was in Hawaii, and I was attempting to collect gorgonians from gorgonian bushes on the side of the road.  Usually my dreams aren't that fun though. Mostly I dream about all my fish having weird diseases that I can't cure, not even by pooring something weird like chicken noodle soup in the tank. 

5 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

That's a nightmare for sure! 

About two weeks ago I had one where the RFA's were literally melting 1 right after another...and there seemed to be an endless number of them of them - way more than I have - and it just kept going on and on. It was torture! 

I knew it was dream as it was going on but I couldn't get myself to wake up so I just kept doing water change after water change after water change. It was horrible. I woke up exhausted. 

OMG! You Reefers need a second hobby!

• Like 6
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, coralcousins said:

Roll Call!

Present

This reef dreams sound like some of my dreams about work!  That I've forgotten to do something important all day long and remember at the end of the day when it's time to go home lol.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

This reef dreams sound like some of my dreams about work!  That I've forgotten to do something important all day long and remember at the end of the day when it's time to go home lol.

this sounds a little more normal.  See? real life :lol:

• Like 2
On 7/2/2017 at 6:27 PM, coralcousins said:

Roll Call!

I'm still here! I post once a week on the FTS thread - as does @spectra

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

this sounds a little more normal.  See? real life :lol:

Well i also chase toddlers around and clean up poop in my dreams. Or sit down to eat to turn and see a pooplosion in progress.  But this is a reefing forum... so you hear about tank dreams. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic