Innovative Marine Aquariums

100 Days of Nanos - An Official Nano-Reef Contest

metrokat

The light shown in the image in the OP is not the Orbit Marine Pro.  It appears to be the IC (Loop) model.  The Pro model is a bit thicker, so unfortunately not quite as sleek looking, but has considerably higher light output.  In a tank that shallow, you should be able to grow almost any type of coral under any of the Orbit Marine lights...

The pro model uses the same ramp timer pro to control the timing and intensity of the lighting as the original Orbit Marine.  Contestants may find this excel file helpful for visualizing and programming their lights:

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of another tank build at the moment, so I won't be able to participate in this contest.

Look forward to seeing the results, though!

• Like 3

Thanks @Marine Depot !

3 minutes ago, holy carp said:

The pro model uses the same ramp timer pro to control the timing and intensity of the lighting as the original Orbit Marine.  Contestants may find this excel file helpful for visualizing and programming their lights:

And thanks @holy carp !!  I had been reading the lighting forum and saw that you had put that out there.  Also in that forum it seemed that people were having difficulty figuring out how to attach the Obrit Pro to the mounting arm.  Hopefully I can figure that when the time comes.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

So for a start of May 1st, is that when we can get it salty wet? (I'm assuming we can leak test it before then lol)

They're going to give us something to put on a post-it inside the tank before starting, so it has to be dry at the start of the contest! :)

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

They're going to give us something to put on a post-it inside the tank before starting, so it has to be dry at the start of the contest! :)

ooooohhhhh so that was a literal sticky note, not like a forum sticky.  Makes much more sense now. lol

• Like 4

We're in!

Item Quantity Unit Price Total
  Subtotal $329.98
  Discount -$44.99
  Tax $0.00
  Shipping $0.00
  Total $284.99

Fusion Peninsula 14 Aquarium with Orbit Marine Pro LED Light –Nano-Reef Contest Bundle 1 $329.98 $329.98
  • Like 9

Looks like there are a lot of ladies in this thing.  We're gonna kill it!  It's really cool seeing more and more women in the hobby.  If only my local groups also reflected this trend :P  Everyone goes up to my husband and not me at the meetings lol

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

So I noticed that lkoechle wrote up her plans for the her tank. Are we suppose to do that?

I don't think so.  It's just what I do.  It makes me feel less alone in life and I really drive my husband up the wall talking about my plans and they need to come out somewhere. lol

• Like 3

Just so I understand. We are to keep the total cost to under $500, including tank, sand, rock and livestock? we spent $285 on the tank, so that leaves just $215 for everything else? Hmm. This is going to be tough.

Oh yeah. And how do I get the free arm for the light?

• Like 1
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Just so I understand. We are to keep the total cost to under $500, including tank, sand, rock and livestock? we spent $285 on the tank, so that leaves just $215 for everything else? Hmm. This is going to be tough.

Nope, budget does not include the tank, stand, wavemakers, live rock, or sand.

Although I think it would be more interesting if it did include liverock and sand...:rolleyes:

MORE PRIZES!

CoralVue is giving away a SMART ATO Micro to one of our winners!!!

omgomgomg

I have updated the Prize Category "Best Aquascape" to include this fabulous prize.

Also updated the Prize Category "Most Frugal" to include an Inkbird Temperature controller.

@Chris@CoralVue

• Like 10
29 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

We're in!

Item Quantity Unit Price Total
  Subtotal $329.98
  Discount -$44.99
  Tax $0.00
  Shipping $0.00
  Total $284.99

Fusion Peninsula 14 Aquarium with Orbit Marine Pro LED Light –Nano-Reef Contest Bundle 1 $329.98 $329.98

26 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Am I lucky #5? What does premium membership do for me anyway? Just curious. :)

YES YES AND YESSSS!!!!

Congratulations you lucky #5 you!! 

@Christopher Marks we have all 5 premium membership winners! and a Q for you from Pjanssen.

aquarium_o_1184184.jpg

• Like 6
Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Am I lucky #5? What does premium membership do for me anyway? Just curious. :)

A sweet 'I Support Nano-Reef.com' badge that appears when you post, along with extra storage for uploads and a larger PM inbox limit. :) 

• Like 8
Just now, Christopher Marks said:

A sweet 'I Support Nano-Reef.com' badge that appears when you post, along with extra storage for uploads and a larger PM inbox limit. :) 

I can't even see where to look at memberships after the redo, did I miss something? :( 

Christopher Marks
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

I can't even see where to look at memberships after the redo, did I miss something? :( 

It's currently unavailable on the new site :( 

I can however process premium membership donations manually, in the meantime, for those interested (just send me a PM). I'm waiting for some bug fixes before I can roll out the new system.

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic