ReefCleaners.org

Getting DI off RO system

moosubi

Hi all, 

Looking for some confirmation on where it's OK to place my incoming DI canisters on my 75gpd drinking water system under sink.  In the attached picture, I have the red line coming out of the ASO valve from the RO Membrane, with the yellow line being a single line to and from a pressure tank.  I left a tee on the yellow line for future DI usage, but would it be better on the red line instead?  The yellow line seems to have pressure from the tank, and I'm not entirely sure on the dynamics of one line going into the pressure tank.  

I'm thinking what I need to do is have a T in the red line, with a check valve, then to DI canisters, with a hose to ball valve at the end of that.  Does anyone with more knowledge of these systems know if this is right?

http://www.spectrapure.com/huds/4-STAGE-DWK-RODI-AG.pdf is the doc I was referencing, though my situation is backwards.

Thanks!

rodi.jpg

MainelyReefer

YOur placement in perfect as it gets out of the membrane and stored in the tank but doesn't go through your final carbon filter on top.  I added an inline shut off on mine to isolate the DI when not in use. Just so you know I service these drinking units as a job so it's definitely correct haha

19 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

YOur placement in perfect as it gets out of the membrane and stored in the tank but doesn't go through your final carbon filter on top.  I added an inline shut off on mine to isolate the DI when not in use. Just so you know I service these drinking units as a job so it's definitely correct haha

Thanks Granite.  Clarification on "placement is perfect" meaning tee the red line or its good where I have it coming off the yellow? Thanks again :P

MainelyReefer

Where you have it on the yellow is perfect, and not to confuse things but the red line would have been ok too haha as long as your tee is between port 4 on your 4way valve and the tank it will be the same water and won't affect the operation of your drinking unit

17 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Where you have it on the yellow is perfect, and not to confuse things but the red line would have been ok too haha as long as your tee is between port 4 on your 4way valve and the tank it will be the same water and won't affect the operation of your drinking unit

Thanks a bunch!

Archived