Innovative Marine Aquariums

New 16 Gallon Nano Reef Aquarium

Matthew Braunstein

Matthew Braunstein

This is my new 16 gallon nano reef aquarium. I just added 16 pounds of live rock today and I also have live sand in. The three week cycle process starts today. I was told my tank needs more flow so I am planning on adding a small power head. My plans for live stock are the following, 2 clowns , 1 fire fish, and 1 watchman. 

IMG_2508.JPG

1 hour ago, Matthew Braunstein said:

This is my new 16 gallon nano reef aquarium. I just added 16 pounds of live rock today and I also have live sand in. The three week cycle process starts today. I was told my tank needs more flow so I am planning on adding a small power head. My plans for live stock are the following, 2 clowns , 1 fire fish, and 1 watchman. 

IMG_2508.JPG

Yes great looking rock.  3 week cycle seems way short no ?  I would not put any live stock for 2 months.

Matthew Braunstein
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

:welcome: to N-R!!

Pretty rock. 

Thank you very much.

50 minutes ago, tigerman66 said:

Yes great looking rock.  3 week cycle seems way short no ?  I would not put any live stock for 2 months.

Okay thank you I will test the water when I am at the 1 month point and see how things are looking.

The longer you wait the better. All depending on the water I wouldn't see a problem adding a couple hermits and snails at a month.  

But yes the rock looks awesome. Hats off to the person who did it.  Lol

Matthew Braunstein
53 minutes ago, Braun036 said:

The longer you wait the better. All depending on the water I wouldn't see a problem adding a couple hermits and snails at a month.  

But yes the rock looks awesome. Hats off to the person who did it.  Lol

Hahahaha thanks.

Archived