Coral Vue Hydros

I'm cheap - is my well water with H20 softener adequate?

y0bailey

I'm cheap - is my well water with H20 softener adequate?  Do I NEED RO/DI water?  Here is my most recent water quality report.  

Does anyone use well-water with a water softener to make their salt mix and top-off and have any issues?  

water quality.jpg

Corals will grow and reef animals will live in it using any common salt mix, algae work on your part is what will range and vary

The resounding offer of ro/di is to seal the deal on the least possible algae impact for your recurring water prep source

There's been times I used Dasani water for topoff it has the same minor impacts to scrubbing brown spots off the glass not a huge deal

MainelyReefer

You need RODI water, I tried using only RO water and my tank became a nutrient dump after a few months and am slowly regaining control of the tank after another few months. Do yourself a favor and buy it and save the headache of water quality issues in the future.  I feel previous comments weren't straight forward enough, BUY IT and be more successful and actually enjoy your hobby

Unfortunately it's pretty difficult to be Inice this hobby and be cheap. Although you can get away with well water in most instances, you will likely need to run some media to remove metals after a time

Archived