Pod Your Reef

DC Pump Suggestions

bendeng

Hello!

I am getting very close to getting my 20g xh setup and running. Currently finishing up the sump as we decided to make one from scratch using acrylic, the 10g sump we originally had made out of a glass tank doesn't fit the stand I opted to go with.

I am currently looking for suggestions on good brands of DC pumps for my return. Can anyone suggest reputable DC pumps for a 20g? I'm unfamiliar with the better models for nano tanks as we have a 150g as our main display and mostly have been working with the larger output equipment.

EDIT:

So far I've been looking at the Cobalt MJ600 or the Eheim Compact Pump 600. Questions on brand recommendations, appropriate GPH recommendations (pump will need to reach 4ft up the backside for the return form the sump), and obviously quiet functioning.

Thanks in advance!

Hi I am using the Tunze 1073.050 DC pump in my 25g (100L) aquarium, my display is 15g and sump is 10g and the pump pushes water up 4ft. As far a flow I find it is just about perfect, I was also considering the Red Dragon 3 mini 50w but I already had this pump so I stuck with the 1073.050. It is very quite, but I run mine at the lowest power setting. I really like Tunze products because they are well made and Roger at Tunze has been awesome at answering my emails. You can check out my return pump in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5RB9mwQc_s&feature=youtu.be&t=6m1s

Good luck and happy reefing!

On 4/23/2017 at 2:00 AM, P Sherman said:

Hi I am using the Tunze 1073.050 DC pump in my 25g (100L) aquarium, my display is 15g and sump is 10g and the pump pushes water up 4ft. As far a flow I find it is just about perfect, I was also considering the Red Dragon 3 mini 50w but I already had this pump so I stuck with the 1073.050. It is very quite, but I run mine at the lowest power setting. I really like Tunze products because they are well made and Roger at Tunze has been awesome at answering my emails. You can check out my return pump in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5RB9mwQc_s&feature=youtu.be&t=6m1s

Good luck and happy reefing!

Thank you, I will certainly check those out! I was beginning to think this forum was dead lol. Not as active as Reef2Reef or even ReefCentral.

Archived