Cultivated Reef

Wee tanked-Red Sea Reefer 170

jackmccann

Alright everyone! Here is a start to a new beginning, I recently shut down a nuvo fusion 10g (wee tanked) as well as a rimless 70 gallon which I did not post on here before in order to set up a Red Sea Reefer 170!!!  

As far as the title goes, I'm sure you can assume where it is headed come the next few months. 

I tried my my best to go with top notch equipment and so far I think I've done pretty well! So on to the specs thus far and then some pictures!

Tank : Red Sea Reefer 170

Return pump : Ecotech Vectra M1 

Powerhead : Ecotech Mp40w Quiet Drive

Skimmer : Reef Octopus 110sss

Light : Ai Prime HD (temporary) 

Current livestock: 

Bullet-Hole clownfish pair

Leopard wrasse

Full moon goby

5x sexy shrimp

2x cleaner shrimp

1x blood shrimp 

various chalice,

designer zoa/palys

torches

leathers 

Bluespot clam 

more to come 

IMG_7979.JPG

IMG_7986.JPG

IMG_7988.JPG

IMG_7989.JPG

IMG_8001.JPG

On 4/15/2017 at 6:44 PM, jackmccann said:

Alright everyone! Here is a start to a new beginning, I recently shut down a nuvo fusion 10g (wee tanked) as well as a rimless 70 gallon which I did not post on here before in order to set up a Red Sea Reefer 170!!!  

As far as the title goes, I'm sure you can assume where it is headed come the next few months. 

I tried my my best to go with top notch equipment and so far I think I've done pretty well! So on to the specs thus far and then some pictures!

Tank : Red Sea Reefer 170

Return pump : Ecotech Vectra M1 

Powerhead : Ecotech Mp40w Quiet Drive

Skimmer : Reef Octopus 110sss

Light : Ai Prime HD (temporary) 

Current livestock: 

Bullet-Hole clownfish pair

Leopard wrasse

Full moon goby

5x sexy shrimp

2x cleaner shrimp

1x blood shrimp 

various chalice,

designer zoa/palys

torches

leathers 

Bluespot clam 

more to come 

IMG_7979.JPG

IMG_7986.JPG

IMG_7988.JPG

IMG_7989.JPG

IMG_7996.JPG

IMG_8001.JPG

Am I the only one that sees a neantherthal skull in the second photo?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Am I the only one that sees a neantherthal skull in the second photo?

Yeah I see what you are saying lol! They rock has been moved since lol! Thanks for the laugh 

14 minutes ago, jackmccann said:

Yeah I see what you are saying lol! They rock has been moved since lol! Thanks for the laugh 

Anytime. Tank looks good. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Anytime. Tank looks good. 

Thanks, it's getting better and better as the days  go on, need to break out the real

camera to take some real pictures 

Added a few anthias to the tank... one is a little timid and is staying in the back right now but soon enough all three will be hanging out together I am sure! 

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

• Like 1

UPDATE: Red Sea reefer 170 love

So far the new tank is running flawlessly! The overflow is dead silent and the vectra m1 does not make a peep! The glass is finished beautifully! All silicone is flawless and extremely clear. 

As as far as the reef octopus 110sss goes I am still dialling it in. The noise is almost non existent though which is nice! This tank is setup in my living room beside my sofa so I needed to use silent equipment or my better half would not be pleased.... 

let me know what you guys think of it so far!

• 9 months later...

The tank has been doing well, everything is running smoothly! I have started dosing the tank to keep up with my clams calcium consumption and because I want to venture into sps over the next few months. I haven’t been adding much coral as of late because there hasn’t really been much grabbing my attention. 

My refugium mod mod has been working well for me also. Loaded with pods and a place for me to keep tiny critters I do not wish to keep in my main display!

21CA2155-170B-43FE-B565-5571FCE56A37.jpeg

779DCB0E-5BF6-4556-A119-651C609B7C5C.jpeg

• 3 months later...