TripleTrouble

Torch good neighbor for my Hammer?

TripleTrouble

Just picked up the three headed torch coral yesterday. I initially had it on a rock shelf, but wanted to have it closer to my hammer. I read a bit and there seems to be some mixed feedback on whether they can be next to each other. In the pic, you'll clearly see the torch isn't fully extended since i just moved it. What do you think? Too close? 

IMG_2197.JPG

gone_PHiSHin

in my experience torch need to be segregated from other euphyllias.  frogspawn and hammer will be fine next to each other but torch can be nasty

Veng

I've never had a torch, but I've never heard of torches being good neighbors either.  

WV Reefer

Torches are mean. 

Hippieheadshot

I had a torch next to my hammer and it got stung up the next day. Promptly got moved  it away from the hammer. Glad I was off that day!

GraniteReefer

I have my frogspawn hammer and torch all within close proximity to each other, a few mm at full extension between them and occasionally a brush of polyps with the right flow, I say give it a shot as I ha ve witnessed 0 aggression between the three, as for the trumpets and mushrooms around them they get attacked unless I relocate after a few months growth. Nice corals!

Clown79

Torch is a good neighbour to no one. They sweepers are very long.

Hammers and frogspawn are fine together

dirtrider225

Torches sweepers can be 3" or more in the right flow or settings and will definitely kill a head of hammer corals. I lost 3 heads one weekend when my urchin shifted the torch rock over a few inches

• Like 1

ReefSafeSolutions

It's been my experience that it depends on the torch.  Mine is close to two of my hammers and has been for a long time with no ill effects.  Obviously this isn't what everyone else is experiencing, so take it for what it's worth.

By the way...nice torch.  I dig those green ones.