Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is this a nudibranch?

Lodie

Some are good some are bad.  They usually have a very specific diet such as eating only one type of coral.  I had a gorgeous blue one in my tank that ate blue sympodium. They he died when the food ran out. ?

That one is really pretty.  

After staring at this thing for a while, I am thinking that his coral of choice just may be gsp. Don't nudis usually resemble their coral-du-jour for camouflage reasons? He looks just like it, and just last weekend I did some fairly aggressive maintenance on this tank to eradicate flatworms. I did a massive pruning of the gsp and took out every rock and dipped in CoralRx, followed by treating the tank with Flatworm Exit.

Whatever type he is, he's a survivor and just might have earned his own pico tank. I have a soft spot for marine outcasts. And if he's truly a gsp-eater I should have no problem keeping up with his diet. 

38 minutes ago, Lodie said:

After staring at this thing for a while, I am thinking that his coral of choice just may be gsp. Don't nudis usually resemble their coral-du-jour for camouflage reasons? He looks just like it, and just last weekend I did some fairly aggressive maintenance on this tank to eradicate flatworms. I did a massive pruning of the gsp and took out every rock and dipped in CoralRx, followed by treating the tank with Flatworm Exit.

Whatever type he is, he's a survivor and just might have earned his own pico tank. I have a soft spot for marine outcasts. And if he's truly a gsp-eater I should have no problem keeping up with his diet. 

I like the way you think!!  I couldn't kill mine either.  It was way too pretty.  

If it eats gsp you should be in business. 

Heres a pic of the one I found and put in my pest tank.  ....IMG_0851.thumb.JPG.94c5d2f242818953c1c16155f210108a.JPGIMG_0882.thumb.JPG.15802a0e2393760533cfa3e5f392d404.JPG

10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I like the way you think!!  I couldn't kill mine either.  It was way too pretty.  

If it eats gsp you should be in business. 

Heres a pic of the one I found and put in my pest tank.  ....IMG_0851.thumb.JPG.94c5d2f242818953c1c16155f210108a.JPGIMG_0882.thumb.JPG.15802a0e2393760533cfa3e5f392d404.JPG

OMG, that thing is beautiful! 

10 minutes ago, Lodie said:

OMG, that thing is beautiful! 

It was so cool.  I was so sad to see it starve to death. :(

2 minutes ago, WolveX said:

thx, just a relieve to hear that. Sorry I'm new in this hobby and in this forum.

Happy to help and welcome to NR.  :). Even experienced reefers find things that baffle them. 

My tank is only a month old and alot of new things pop up every now and then. and these fan worm does react and will retract. That's why was a bit panic

On 4/17/2017 at 1:21 PM, bubba gump said:

I would have to say bad . That is an egg cluster on the zoa above it . Research zoa eating nudibranchs .

20160530_081329.jpg

20160608_165002.jpg

I wondered about that. I saw that white thing but didn't know if it was eggs. But those pics look just like it/them. 

Thanks for the ID. 

Archived