Innovative Marine Aquariums

Alfredo da reef guy 85 2gallon pico

Alfredo da reef guy 85

Alfredo da reef guy 85

This here is my 2 gallon Pico set up. I have a heater and air pump from Walmart. The cookie jar is 2 gallons also bought from walmart.Heater is for 5 to 10 gallons.Has led lights bought from Amazon. Has approximately 2.5 pounds of live rock. Not sure but I think I have 3 pounds of crushed coral. My corals range from softies to lps and one sps I don't know the name of XP. I have one blue hermit a zombie snail and some other snails that came in as hitchhikers. There's a cleaner shrimp and gumdrop gobby. Also I think I have what I call some spaghetti worms inside. I was told they where good for cleaning so I left them inside. Corals are a Duncan some zoa's, frogspawn, acan ,two others I don't know the names of. One is an sps that is recovering.

IMG_20170414_150204.jpg

IMG_20170414_145620.jpg

IMG_20170414_145637.jpg

1492219308221.jpg

1492219433642.jpg

1492219659506.jpg

1492219765353.jpg

Looks good. What kind of LED did you get? Is it strong enough for SPS?

I like your goby. I had been thinking about getting a yellow clown goby for my bowl but then I got some acros and I've read that they pick at them so going to keep it fishless for now. 

Alfredo da reef guy 85
On 4/15/2017 at 5:16 PM, SeaFurn said:

Looks good. What kind of LED did you get? Is it strong enough for SPS?

I like your goby. I had been thinking about getting a yellow clown goby for my bowl but then I got some acros and I've read that they pick at them so going to keep it fishless for now. 

Not sure what they are called by I got the LEDs from Amazon for 16 dollars..they do good with all the corals I have..even the sps..yeah that little gumdrop is awesome he was shy at first but now he's all over the place. Best part is i got him at my lfs for only $5.99 and i though that was a steal. He's quite funny and very active.I don't have across so I'm not sure if he does pick at them.

Sexy Shrimp are a lot of fun to watch and the perfect size for a bowl like this, but make sure you keep him well fed, cause if you don't he might nibble at your Zoas. 

Alfredo da reef guy 85
On 4/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Sexy Shrimp are a lot of fun to watch and the perfect size for a bowl like this, but make sure you keep him well fed, cause if you don't he might nibble at your Zoas. 

Indeed he already made away with my acan that was in recovery...but I will keep him well fed now...will mysis shrimp work? Thanks for the advice :)

In my experience they aren't that picky and will eat just about anything. 

Pretty sure he'd be perfectly happy with Mysis. 

Alfredo da reef guy 85
4 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

In my experience they aren't that picky and will eat just about anything. 

Pretty sure he'd be perfectly happy with Mysis. 

Just finished feeding and boy oh boy does he like it haha..thanks for the advice. Also I was wondering how to glue my corrals to my rock.any suggestions? Like method or glue I should use? Again thanks for your help ;)

23 minutes ago, Alfredo da reef guy 85 said:

Just finished feeding and boy oh boy does he like it haha..thanks for the advice. Also I was wondering how to glue my corrals to my rock.any suggestions? Like method or glue I should use? Again thanks for your help ;)

YW. 

Use Superglue, the kind that is cyanoacrylate. 

Set towel out on workspace, take rock out of tank and place on towel, put dab of superglue on rock, place coral on top of superglue, put both right back in water cause the water will harden the glue. 

Alfredo da reef guy 85
On 4/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, Weetabix7 said:

YW. 

Use Superglue, the kind that is cyanoacrylate. 

Set towel out on workspace, take rock out of tank and place on towel, put dab of superglue on rock, place coral on top of superglue, put both right back in water cause the water will harden the glue. 

Ok I got the super glue today I bough it at the local dollar store while shopping there..it's the cyanoacrylate type u said but in gel form. Will this one work good? Or should I get the other kind?. Again thanks for ur time and help.

Alfredo da reef guy 85
4 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Should be fine as long as it's cyanoacrylate. 

Ok thanks that's exactly what it is..gel form is better tho rite?

7 hours ago, Alfredo da reef guy 85 said:

Ok thanks that's exactly what it is..gel form is better tho rite?

Not sure if it makes a difference to tell you the truth, I just always made sure it was cyanoacrylate. :happy:

Archived