Pod Your Reef

I am having trouble with connectivity.

Sunstar

I had some router issues recently and my nanobox spent the last three days blinking on and off (like its trying to join wifi if I read it right.)

The instructions read to "check if network password is entered correctly"

WHERE?  The phone? My computer, My router, the Kumquat on my desk?

When I go to the system wifi -  it wants me to do the blink up again - is that what I am supposed to do? I am currently without light because I unplugged the light in effort to get it to talk.

I am confused and kinda sick to boot. I work all day tomorrow so chances are no light again for at least another day :/

edit: I did do a router reset -  so far 4 times in as many days.

7 hours ago, Sunstar said:

Is that a confirmation to a blinkup redo?

If it is the router than you should not have to BlinkUp. Is your internet cutting in and out? Did you buy a new router?

The network password is the routers password. 99.9% have this password underneath the router itself. 

-Dave

The net has dropped but I had a problem with the my DNS (I think) I was told to punch in 8.8.8.8 - that restored my ability to get to the net. I am not sure why but I have had to reset the router 4 times in as many days. Since the first day, I noticed the light flashing, but I ignored it thinking it re-established. I noticed yesterday before work it was blinking and thought my net harfed. Came home and found it still blinking. Unplugged the light and replugged it back on and that has not re-established. (I had light until I did that stupidity)

From this point I do not know how to re-establish connectivity. Its not talking to my router. I am not techsavvy. I looked on the inphone instructions on blinkup. my husband can probably get me the wifi password but what do I do to get the lamp to say OH hey internet. I am afraid I won't be able to get this thing working. I really wish I did not turn it off.

The question is: Where do I put the network password to get my light to communicate? Is this in bluefish somewhere? If so where?

• Click the top right icon ( looks like a gear )
  • WIfi setup
  • Configure BlinkUp
  • Select your network
  • Underneath your network name it will say password - Put your ROUTERS password in this field
  • Connect to controller with BlinkUp

Okay, so run a blinkup -  that was what I wasn't sure about.

edit: OH I thought I had t run it.

edit:edit: Okay I DO... hopefully this works.

I keep getting timeouts :/

Just getting timeouts.  I REALLY wish I did not unplug this.

will not go past joining network.

one last try - and it worked

On 4/13/2017 at 8:13 AM, Sunstar said:

Just getting timeouts.  I REALLY wish I did not unplug this.

will not go past joining network.

one last try - and it worked

I wanted to confirm, you are all good to go?

-Dave

Archived