ReefCleaners.org

Autoaqua smart ato

coralreef20g

coralreef20g

Hey guys, I need some help.

Very recently I purchased the Autoaqua Smart Ato from bulk reef supply. I have an all in one tank and did not know the autoaqua only works on CLEAR glass. My sump is made of black glass thus the autoaqua does not work on it. I obviously can not put the sensor in my display because that water level stays unchanging:/

any advice? At this point I think my best bet is to return this ato and purchase a different one://///

SaltyBuddha

It doesnt matter what color the glass or acrylic is. The blue light sensor goes inside the return pump chamber and the magnet goes on the outside.

The entire unit with the LED should go inside where you want your water line to be. No light goes through the wall. 

I can post a picture of mine if you want.

coralreef20g
17 minutes ago, SaltyBuddha said:

It doesnt matter what color the glass or acrylic is. The blue light sensor goes inside the return pump chamber and the magnet goes on the outside.

The entire unit with the LED should go inside where you want your water line to be. No light goes through the wall. 

I can post a picture of mine if you want.

Here's a pic of mine in the return pump chamber (made of the black glass). I've suspended it about 3" above the water line to show it doesn't respond when used on this wall of the tank. 

IMG_0309.JPG

SaltyBuddha

Oh man, I thought you had the micro version. Looks like this one does need clear acrylic or glass to work. I would say return it while you can and get another one that will work for you

Archived