Pod Your Reef

Cal's Resurrection Desktop IM 20 - A lounge rat's contest tank

calvin

reeftankguy
53 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

the problem for you is I'm not the official judge. Nor do any of you have a chance against adin. He gonna smoke you all like some premium Ganga.

Time for me to pull a UFO.

2 hours ago, adinsxq said:

I hate making water

me too. And I apparently didn't do a big enough change last night so I have more mixing now... getting ready for first additions :ninja:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

A school of Mandarins is quite the sight, or so I've heard.

yes but they'll only school if they feel threatened. that's why i need all the darting tangs.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, calvin said:

yes but they'll only school if they feel threatened. that's why i need all the darting tangs.

You clearly have a well-thought out plan. 

Mebbe red robot has some competition after all.... :ninja:

• Like 2

my moonlight seems to have stopped working. But I'm still really trying to figure out Bluefish so maybe there's another way to get it going.

@teenyreef I hear you're good with Bluefish. Got any suggestions for me? Or a link?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, calvin said:

my moonlight seems to have stopped working. But I'm still really trying to figure out Bluefish so maybe there's another way to get it going.

@teenyreef I hear you're good with Bluefish. Got any suggestions for me? Or a link?

It's funny, that happened to me just last month and I couldn't figure it out either. Finally I realized that I had the moon simulation mode on and it was "that time of the month". You know, the no moon time. Check under the lighting settings, scroll down to simulation options, and try turning "lunar cycles" off. 

Or it could just be aliens. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

It's funny, that happened to me just last month and I couldn't figure it out either. Finally I realized that I had the moon simulation mode on and it was "that time of the month". You know, the no moon time. Check under the lighting settings, scroll down to simulation options, and try turning "lunar cycles" off. 

Or it could just be aliens. 

It must be aliens because that didn't work for me, but thanks for taking a stab at it

• Like 1
13 hours ago, calvin said:

It must be aliens because that didn't work for me, but thanks for taking a stab at it

Check with Dave in the Nanobox forum. Or Spencer actively monitors the Bluefish forum, they should be able to figure it out. Unless it's aliens. 

• Like 1

Updated OP with updated equipment and FTS

I'm not entirely happy with the placement in this tank. Will probably rearrange some in a couple of days.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

omgomgomg It looks so good!!! omgomgomg

You're a better tank photographer than me, lol. 

How do you like the flow in there right now?

It's good. Maybe even a bit much for some of the macros.

Oh and many thanks to Weetie for holding my snails and macro until my cycle completed

• Like 1

I think my fave macro is actually the sargassum. They're a great size and not commonly seen. Problem is I have a brown film growing on them and the snails can't really get to it because the sargassum sways too much. I think I may turn off my koralias tonight to make it easier for them. 

small updates: I'm getting my first indications of diatoms. The snails are vigorously working. I probably need a few more.

I found two nerites on the floor today. <_< I guess I need to keep the top on the tank even though I don't have fish yet...

...but I'm looking over Sustainable Aquatics site right now :ninja:

reeftankguy
On 4/21/2017 at 8:54 PM, calvin said:

Updated OP with updated equipment and FTS

I'm not entirely happy with the placement in this tank. Will probably rearrange some in a couple of days.

Lol... Ive re scaped like 6 times already.  How many snails are in there? I cant see any.