calvin

Weetabix7
16 minutes ago, calvin said:

@Weetabix7 - I got one too!!

IMG_0746.JPG

I like Tank Alienz!!!

Is yours the same as mine though? 

It looks a little different in the pic.

Got part of my MD order today which included an Eheim 1000. FINALLY replacing the stock pump. It's sooo much quieter. Wifey is very happy. 

I also spray painted the top to get rid of the glare from the reflection off the white. 

Final item was a feeding ring. Never had one of these before but I thought I'd give it a shot to reduce the amount of uneaten food. The odd couple actually ate a bit from it on day one so that's a good sign. 

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

• Like 3
Just now, Christopher Marks said:

Interesting spraying the mesh top, notice any change in light? I bet it looks a lot more sleek on the tank.

Still waiting for it to dry completely before I put it back on but I've seen several folks do it and say it worked out fine. 

FTS (sorry for the window reflection)

IMG_0769.jpg

uninvited guest on my red grape

IMG_0768.jpg

pic of the side. I've put some macro frags there but they're a bit hard to see

IMG_0767.jpg

• Like 1

most of my brown film problem has subsided and I noticed for the first time today that I think there's a little coralline on the front glass. I have some more CUC members arriving tomorrow.

Painting the top black did cut down on light a bit more than reported, so I just turned the lights up a bit. I'm starting to get this Bluefish thing figured out.

oh and @Weetabix7 - I trimmed one of the sargassum pieces down a good bit. It just wasn't doing well and was dropping leaves. We'll see how the trimming does

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, calvin said:

most of my brown film problem has subsided and I noticed for the first time today that I think there's a little coralline on the front glass. I have some more CUC members arriving tomorrow.

Painting the top black did cut down on light a bit more than reported, so I just turned the lights up a bit. I'm starting to get this Bluefish thing figured out.

oh and @Weetabix7 - I trimmed one of the sargassum pieces down a good bit. It just wasn't doing well and was dropping leaves. We'll see how the trimming does

Ah, ok. I trimmed some off of the top of one of mine yesterday, the other seems to be doing okay. 

So I've had this brown macro looking growth for a couple of weeks now on the rock. Since this rock sat dry for years, I can only assume this is sargassum. What do you think?

IMG_0776.JPG

45 minutes ago, calvin said:

So I've had this brown macro looking growth for a couple of weeks now on the rock. Since this rock sat dry for years, I can only assume this is sargassum. What do you think?

IMG_0776.JPG

I think that's really crazy.

Ok, THAT is pretty cool!  Love sargassum!

Wonder, if I found the rock that used to have sargassum on it and got it wet again, would it grow back?  Hmmm...

Now if it turns out to be dictoya I'm throwing in the towel 

12 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ok, THAT is pretty cool!  Love sargassum!

Wonder, if I found the rock that used to have sargassum on it and got it wet again, would it grow back?  Hmmm...

It didn't come from dry rock. I have sargassum in the tank

18 minutes ago, calvin said:

Now if it turns out to be dictoya I'm throwing in the towel 

It didn't come from dry rock. I have sargassum in the tank

Awww shucks, there goes my daydream! :blush::lol:

• Like 1

so I got some stuff in last week from KP Aquatics and still haven't posted it. I'm lazy. Will soon.

I've put myself on a spending hiatus until I transition into a new job and see what the compensation is like. Also until I get some health issues figured out.

I think the new hermits I got have been picking on my baby sargassum. It's still there but has been trimmed. :angry: Didn't really want hermits but my little one did and I'm a pushover.

5 minutes ago, calvin said:

so I got some stuff in last week from KP Aquatics and still haven't posted it. I'm lazy. Will soon.

I've put myself on a spending hiatus until I transition into a new job and see what the compensation is like. Also until I get some health issues figured out.

I think the new hermits I got have been picking on my baby sargassum. It's still there but has been trimmed. :angry: Didn't really want hermits but my little one did and I'm a pushover.

Uh oh!!

I think as long as the big leaves around the base are in place you're ok, especially if you planted it. 

• Like 1
On 5/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, calvin said:

They're all over the place!

IMG_0780.JPG

So have these grown any more?

Can you tell what they are now?

On 5/19/2017 at 7:18 PM, Weetabix7 said:

So have these grown any more?

Can you tell what they are now?

That's what I was saying had been pruned

so another alien appeared today at the surface. This came in on the toadstool algae from KP

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, calvin said:

That's what I was saying had been pruned

so another alien appeared today at the surface. This came in on the toadstool algae from KP

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

Those are Medusa Worms, they're the same thing I found in my Macro!!!

I really like mine. 

They're safe as long as they don't get caught in a powerhead. 

31 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Those are Medusa Worms, they're the same thing I found in my Macro!!!

I really like mine. 

They're safe as long as they don't get caught in a powerhead. 

Eek! Just read about them. It was really close to a powerhead. Now it's gone :o