ReefCleaners.org

Cal's Resurrection Desktop IM 20 - A lounge rat's contest tank

calvin

3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Very cool fish. 

I could always loan you some Macro that likely has pods in it. You could stick it in there just to get her eating pods til she'll eat frozen. 

My Puffer took 5 days to eat frozen, but I didn't have to worry about it cause he found plenty of critters to nibble. 

Now he regularly casts longing looks toward the water surface, hoping I'll toss in some frozen Mysis.

Thanks but I FINALLY got her to eat tonight. She nibbled some garlic-soaked mysis. Her mouth is so small she has trouble with it but she definitely kept some down. 

• Like 2

The filefish has eaten for three days in a row like a pig. Last night I even got her to come up to the feeding ring to eat - something that will be crucial for her to do when she’s in the DT with my clowns who are now aggressive eaters. 

• Like 2

new FTS

IMG_1482.thumb.jpg.0858dbb3d0aa687a1e2e7

Some new additions 

New elegance

IMG_1510.thumb.jpg.07211fe7b5d01df65cd43cb45252d3a5.jpg

just got this one today. here's what it should look like after it settles in

22459127_10213950258852014_7648992007630

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

that's all I can upload for now. more pics to come whenever the site allows to me upload them

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RayWhisperer said:

You know about the elegance plague, right?

Yes and I know that it’s related to Indonesian corals. This is an Aussie. They seem to be mostly unaffected. 

It seems to be acclimating well

7B41677F-4F7E-49AC-954E-F696DCBA477A.jpeg

• Like 1

Added the filefish to the DT yesterday. I was worried she’d be really shy but she acclimated quickly and ate from the feeding ring day 1. My clowns otoh were freaked out. They hid in a cave from her and wouldn’t approach the feeding ring when she was there. It’s so crazy because she’s the most docile fish ever. 

04460B20-6AD2-4D07-96F6-C780D8A44835.jpeg

• Like 1